Too Little To Eat Pellets?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kairi

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Celes is (apparently) still too small to eat pellets. She can fit them in her mouth, but ends up sitting them out b/c she can't chew them. I was worried about her not eating anything, so I started feeding her a small amount of bloodworms per day. I don't want her to *only* eat the bloodworms though- do they make smaller betta pellets? As she gets bigger, I doubt she'll have a problem with them.... I just don't want a picky "I'm only going to eat bloodworms!" betta girl.

bettas tend not to like pellets or atleast mine dont, they spit them out too so now i feed them tropical flakes or dried worms. they are about the same price and bettas like it alot more. :good:

my other two love their pellets... you don't think it's because she's too small? i'll try the tropical flakes tonight, see what she does. she loves the bloodworms though :)

mine love brine shrimp but i try not to give them too much, your lucky you can just stick with pellets my fish are so picky i feed them all something different lol.

My betta will only eat frozen bloodworms.. he turns his nose up at the pellets as though to say "you think im gona eat them" haha :lol:

my feamle did that and she was picky so I did not feed her anything else and my female started to eat.

Ares eats everything. Larry eats mosquito larvae and pellets. None of my fish have ever eaten flake, never.

She might be softening them. When I got a batch of tiny bettas, they would spit out the pellets until they got soft enough to eat. She could just not like them. In the case they are too big, I think Hikari might make a brand called Macro Pellets, basically just half the size of betta pellets.

i've heard flakes arent as good for them as pellets are, but if she's too small, i'd give her flakes so she doesn't think she can only eat bloodworms. mine won't touch flakes, but gulp down the pellets.

that may work. or just crush them between your fingers. i did that for cade when she was too small for her pellets.

do you have male and females that live together happily if not have you tried in the past or do you think it could work (bettas)

whats that have to do with this topic? :blink: no, never, EVER put a male and a female betta together.

Ares eats everything. Larry eats mosquito larvae and pellets. None of my fish have ever eaten flake, never.

She might be softening them. When I got a batch of tiny bettas, they would spit out the pellets until they got soft enough to eat. She could just not like them. In the case they are too big, I think Hikari might make a brand called Macro Pellets, basically just half the size of betta pellets.

No, they end up on the bottom of her tank.

and no, all my bettas are in seperate tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back