Too cute to pass up. :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Doesn't look physically big enough even for M2 cards?
Let me know how it does with solidworks models :)

I read Emmc which to me means soldered,i'm not noticing M2?
If you scroll down under 'Overview' you will find the following diagram.

micro comp.jpg

Looks like some of the supplied info on this system isn't quite accurate. It is at least implied that the micro SD slot can only handle 128GB but I just tried the 256GB card from my Surface 3 and it was seen without issue. With adding the 1TB M.2 drive that is supposed to be here 6/15 I doubt that an SD card will be in the picture in any major way but this is nice to know.

What are you planning on storing on the 1TB drive?

What are you planning on storing on the 1TB drive?
It will likely be a data drive but, depending on the speed I get, it could also be the system drive with Windows. The included 128GB is slow as far as SSDs go per the image below. If I get the full 550MB/sec read out of the M.2 2242 SATA 1TB drive it would be a decent performance boost.

If I don't make the 1TB system it will be a combination of data and installed apps as a 128GB drive does not leave a lot of room for installs..

dskspeed.png

1TB drive showed up today. Initially it stalled the system drastically but, once it was setup, all is now good. 7 port USB3 powered hub also showed up and connected without issue.

The 1TB drive is MUCH faster than the built in 128GB drive. Below images show the difference. The first image is the 128GB with the second being the 1TB. Enough of a difference to see about changing the 1TB to be the system drive with Windows.

dskspeed1.png

dskspeed2.png

big difference with that 1 TB drive. What was the cost of the 1 TB drive?

big difference with that 1 TB drive. What was the cost of the 1 TB drive?
The drive was $51.99 USD through New Egg.

Still slow compared to what I have in my main system. The difference is between the M.2 interface being SATA on the new drive in the micro system and the M.2 interface being PCIe in my main.

Note that the numbers are 4 digits to the left of the decimal point in this image except for the last entry.

dskspeed3.jpg

All complete and fine so figured that I'd finish this up. System and data drives are each 1TB with the original 128GB drive designated as a working or scratch drive which boils down to the fact that I have no real use for it. ;)

The thing performs really well and impresses me. :) Not going to do high level gaming but that isn't its purpose even though it does games better than expected.

Here is an image of everything together. Components include the computer, a 7 port USB hub and a slim line DVD burner. The SD card is for size reference.

Micro system.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back