Today's The Day

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

loraxchick

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
so, after having an incredibly stable and healthy 6gal. planted with DIY CO2 and high lighting set up for over 4 months with NO problems with algae, i have encountered a setback. due to a terrible ice storm and ensuing 80+ hour power outage about a month ago, i got overrun by algae of all sorts. overosing ferts has taken care of the hair algae that arose, but now the BGA is out of CONTROL!!! have tried all sorts of things to get rid of it including total strip down of the tank and sterilizing plants in 10% bleach solution but to absolutely no avail. it came back with a vengeance. covering all my plants. ive been scraping daily and water changing daily in small amounts but now it is time for the obligatory black out. so everyone, fingers crossed that i can at least get back to square one and combat this stuff. all that's left after this is to treat with antibiotic or abandon the plants altogether, which in either case, id HATE to do. so here's to hoping that by the weekend, it's all gone and i can enjoy looking at the tank again...it really is a MESS! :crazy: ...and it's driving me crazy.
CHEERS EVERYONE!

any chance of a before and after pic

LB

oh, i have pictures of the tank all along, from the beginning setup thru a few changes here and there. I've been so discouraged i have not taken any in a while but i expect to have "step by step" of this...too bad i just cleaned the glass yesterday...the difference is dramatic even with just THAT!

now i just have to figure out how to resize all my pictures to be able to upload them here.

but stay tuned! im really excited about this, actually!
Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back