Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
:shifty:
5 unknown Apistos, I'd apprecicate if someone could ID them for me :look:
P1020673.jpg

P1020663.jpg

P1020672.jpg

And please don't kill me for this but I got 3 German Balloon Rams :unsure: (I totally don't support GM/balloon fish but today was an exception :look: :lol: )
P1020693.jpg

P1020696.jpg

P1020702.jpg

Tell me what you think ;)

Carl

How was today an exception?? I'm against them, as we know. But they do have great colouration on the body.

And my first guess is those are A. Macmasteri. Would need to see them "coloured up" to be more happy with the ID.

very nice fish :D but why is it bad to buy German Balloon Rams?

Are all the apisto males? What colour are the females?
To me they look like Apistogramma borellii. Some have yellow gill plates but the wild caught ones seem to have the red spots from what ive heard.

To me they look like Apistogramma borellii. Some have yellow gill plates but the wild caught ones seem to have the red spots from what ive heard.

Could well be Borelli actually, good call.

Do you have any pics of them flaring? Would make it easier to tell.
And agreed that the apisto's shown appear to be clearly male.

How was today an exception?? I'm against them, as we know. But they do have great colouration on the body.

And my first guess is those are A. Macmasteri. Would need to see them "coloured up" to be more happy with the ID.
I just wanted for something with that extra ooomph. "These are not German Blue Rams, these are GermanBlue Balloon Rams" Sounds cool :cool:

Well, enjoy keeping them. But a request will be to not sell any possible spawn on, I really wish this balloon fad would go away. (just a request, not a demand)

very nice fish :D but why is it bad to buy German Balloon Rams?
They are genetically modified fish. It's a bit like deliberately modifying a child to have 3 legs. :blink:
People don't really agree with it. I don't agree/disagree with it.
Carl

Yep, I think they are that, thanks :good:
Carl

Could well be Borelli actually, good call.

Do you have any pics of them flaring? Would make it easier to tell.
And agreed that the apisto's shown appear to be clearly male.
I haven't so far taken photos of them flaring. But I'm sure I will have some very soon

i really dont like the balloon rams.i no its the point but they are out of shape.lol.will be nice apistos when coloured up.
Thanks

Well, enjoy keeping them. But a request will be to not sell any possible spawn on, I really wish this balloon fad would go away. (just a request, not a demand)
OK :unsure:

I seem to have 2 male and 3 female Apisto. Only 2 apistos had fins that reached the end of their tails, am I right in thinking this is how you sex A.Borellii

Here are my 'Wills' inspired shots:
GBBR
P1020678-1.jpg

A.Borellii
P1020712.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back