Today Is Beetle Day! :d

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tongue_Flicker

Fish Herder
Reaction score
It was a nice day to chill today. I managed to pick-up 3 beetles from my roof deck in less than 30 minutes with me just sitting there.

Not really an insect lover but beetles have always held a special place in my heart :D

Beetle #1.. A shiny bronze colored fella. Flew right into my face, twice lol

10311787_674402549285594_5074102612082301309_n.jpg

Beetle #2.. Had an elytra that is somewhat frosty like a refrigerated grape

10307217_674403262618856_4821407099365236220_n.jpg

Beetle #3.. Was a nasty one. It had mouthparts that could literally bite your skin off

10350538_674402989285550_6654392019507773094_n.jpg

Picked this one outside. This'll make a perfect "tree" for a small arboreal creature. This driftwood really was the highlight of my day lol

10294458_674403055952210_1225184452570617123_n.jpg

A morning view from my roof deck. I was like, WTH?!

10264901_674402932618889_4862425496020256812_n.jpg

Enjoy your monday guys. I sure did! :D

That bronze one looks like the beetles we eat every summer o_O  They taste like peanuts when gathered from the right fruit bearing tree like mangoes. I wanna eat some now but I have to go to the next province which is like an hour away 

Great driftwood! Gotta love beetles. ;)
DerpPH said:
That bronze one looks like the beetles we eat every summer o_O  They taste like peanuts when gathered from the right fruit bearing tree like mangoes. I wanna eat some now but I have to go to the next province which is like an hour away
It's so interesting to hear you talking about eating bugs so loosely from an australian perspective, wish I was able to chow down on beetles as freely as you. :lol:

Haha! Hey derp, i have my resort house up in Baguio. You know how some of us foreigners can't stand the heat downhill lol..

Haven't tasted any beetles yet but i have tried locusts :D

Tongue_Flicker said:
Haha! Hey derp, i have my resort house up in Baguio. You know how some of us foreigners can't stand the heat downhill lol..

Haven't tasted any beetles yet but i have tried locusts
biggrin.png
hahhaha you've been here? Yup it is hot in the Luzon part of the country, you should try beetles and crickets too, the mole crickets tate good. Im quite an exotic eater, my pets are exotic so are my foods

TallTree01 said:
Great driftwood! Gotta love beetles.
wink.png

It's so interesting to hear you talking about eating bugs so loosely from an australian perspective, wish I was able to chow down on beetles as freely as you.
laugh.png

why tt? do they ban this in AUS? I think bugs are a meal healthier than the generic meats. Though the risk of parasites is high.

All we do is heat them on a pan, add oil then salt.

Though summer is the only time I get to eat them because its when they are at their highest number

DerpPH said:
Great driftwood! Gotta love beetles. ;)

It's so interesting to hear you talking about eating bugs so loosely from an australian perspective, wish I was able to chow down on beetles as freely as you. :lol:
why tt? do they ban this in AUS? I think bugs are a meal healthier than the generic meats. Though the risk of parasites is high.

Though summer is the only time I get to eat them because its when they are at their highest number

Oh goodness know, I s'pose my ' white ' upbringing has taught my brain to think bugs aren't food. It's a pity. I want to try them, buy I don't think I could do it. :x

TallTree01 said:

Great driftwood! Gotta love beetles.
wink.png

It's so interesting to hear you talking about eating bugs so loosely from an australian perspective, wish I was able to chow down on beetles as freely as you.
laugh.png

Oh goodness know, I s'pose my ' white ' upbringing has taught my brain to think bugs aren't food. It's a pity. I want to try them, buy I don't think I could do it.
nugget.gif

oh. don't worry. Maybe someday you will :D

Be like Andrew zimmern for example :D

Haha! Yeah talk about hot damn down at the metro lol. Balut is nice as well as the skewered i-don't-wanna-know what being sold at the sidewalks haha

Tongue_Flicker said:
Haha! Yeah talk about hot Darn down at the metro lol. Balut is nice as well as the skewered i-don't-wanna-know what being sold at the sidewalks haha
trust me some of the food there is from the intimate parts of animals

Haha! I love those small, wormy like stuff in small sticks. I think those are intestines. Baguio is kinda scary, they eat dogs here for cryin out loud. I saw one on the menu @__@ i thought i was just drunk haha

Tongue_Flicker said:
Haha! I love those small, wormy like stuff in small sticks. I think those are intestines. Baguio is kinda scary, they eat dogs here for cryin out loud. I saw one on the menu @__@ i thought i was just drunk haha
don't try the dog, I personally wouldnt

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back