Toadstool Corals

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

charles bentley

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all I have three toadstoold corals all on one large peice of rock. One of the corals look a redish purple colour and does is not standing aslwell as the others. It was fine around a week ago. Any suggestions? thank you.

what are you water stats?

toadstool do go through stages of sulking so it could be that. Maybe they are too close to one another, or another coral

The p.h is 8.3
salt is 1.024
0 ammonia

What else do i need to chack for in this situation.

Nitrite
Nitrate
Phosphate

Could be that its not getting enough light or too little/too much flow or that it is just sulking.

The phosphate was high when i last checked it, il check it again. The water flow and lights should be ok, they havent changed.
The only thing i have changed is that i changed the carbon in my filter.

Are the polpys out? I have a toadstool that leans over, almost touching the sand, its done it for quite a while now, but it stills comes out fully and doesn't appear to be suffering. So I just let it get on with it :rolleyes: :good:

two of the mushrooms have the polyps out but the other is a purple redish blue with no polyps

Can we have some photos please - we could help more :good:

Toadstools are very picky about flow, they like a fair amount - mine sulks big time if I move the powerhead - he will lean towards it if not getting enough flow. And as Ben says, they do tend to sulk when first introduced to the tank :crazy:

Seffie x

:fish:

Sarcophyton (toadstool leathers) shed a mucous layer every so often. During this time they look shriveled and dead. They will do this in the best of conditions, but it is most likely to occur when the environment changes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back