Toad stool problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Carp890

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've had this toad stool 3,4 months, been fine. Its shead a few times no problems, it's been sheding again for 3 days now but has folded over, not done it before??? Is this a problem, is it dying should I remove it??
All my parameters are good test regularly etc. Any help please, photos taken first thing tank not woke up up yet
IMG_20220927_053247.jpg

What is the water quality and salinity like?

Do you have white light as well as blue light on the tank?
Corals need a full range of colour spectrums in the light, not just blue (actinic).

If you can post a picture of the coral under normal white light, it might show more information.

Water and salinity good, colour spectrum 70%blue 60% white new picture shows more blue??? Than there is
IMG_20220927_065116.jpg

Is it rigid in that pose or floppy? Ordinarily I wouldn't advocate touching a coral since it adds stress but if it's floppy then there may be physical damage somewhere around the fold site. If it isn't damaged and is rigidly in that pose, then it deliberately wants to be like that and may be trying to pull free, which means something about placement, flow, lighting, etc is badly bothering it, orr there is a tankmate or something in the rock stressing it from the direction it moved away from. The GSP appear to be touching it but normally I would expect GSP to be stressed by a toadstool not the other way around.

Here I am thinking your toad had a stool problem :rolleyes::rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back