To Wall Or Not To Wall?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Should Liz put back the moss wall in "Refugees from Endor"?

• Total voters

lljdma06

Retired moderator :)
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, title says it all, I've got a load of moss and moss walls seem to be my thing.

Here's the tank with the wall...

9a218b04.jpg

Here's the tank without the wall...

f5f7136f.jpg

Deliberately selected similar pictures... Ultimately I'll do what I please, but it's interesting to hear what you think. I like the look of the wall, but I just am sooooo lazy.

I voted other, I've never been a fan of back grounds, I like the idea of no back ground, some of Amano's scapes show this off pretty well.

it would be interesting to see with a black backing, however, planted tanks look better without a backing. As does this scape. The moss is not boss!lol

What I love about the moss wall is the illusion that there's MORE behind it or through it! Most other tanks just give the feeling of being an oasis, very limited. I love the moss wall.
wub.gif

I voted for moss wall but I quite like the idea of those translucent backgrounds... but the things at the back would be visible :X

no wall, looks too crowded IMO due to having the moss on the wood and with it being a small tank. A graduated blue background could look good.

Aaron

I'm surprised... Lots of votes & it's pretty divided too. Let's keep 'em coming.

As Spock would say... "fascinating..." :lol:

Seems like people want me to keep the wall. People also like me with moody, dark tanks. LOLOL

What I may do is remove the moss from the wood and then add the wall. Then, I think I'll have more balance. Or in a crazy experiment, attach the struggling Fissidens from Endor to the wood, or even Pelia. The wood, will essentially get an overhaul. I think the idea of Pelia and wood would be extremely charming. It also grows so very well in this system and really increases plant mass.

Any thoughts?

Liz

I removed the powerhead for the shot. While fabulous and inexpensive, it's an eyesore.

Moss wall it just gives it more depth and to me looks like you've cut a square out of the river bank and surrounded the whole thing with glass :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back