To The Visual Artists Here:

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SirMinion

Sexy Martha Fahaka
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Mine is obvious, it's biro (ballpoint pen) because it's so immediate.
No preparation just grab paper and pen and start drawing. BAM!

I also paint in watercolours & acrylics, draw in pencil, animate in Flash and sculpt in clay, papier-maché and latex.

So what do YOU do?

I'm a pencil kinda gal for the most part, I have shoebox full of drawing pencils. I even prefer pencils over pens for everyday writing but I digress. I am the scientific illustrator for my company so I do plenty of drawing. I always start everything off in pencil because I "think" best in pencil, I can get all my tones for shading just the way I want them. Then I take the ol' Microns out and go over the pencil. I do all my shading with Microns using a stipple technique. I drive co workers batty as they watch me basically making thousands of little dots. But I stink at traditional cross hatching, I'm too much of a perfectionist and if the lines aren't perfect, they scream out at me. So I stick with stipple.

I also enjoy working with metals and wire on a small scale (think jewelry/accessories). I've had a chance to try my hand at lampworking, but I only have three hours of torch time under my belt, need more practice. I did really enjoy that and would like to branch out and explore that area of glasswork more.

When I do draw or paint, it's normally whatever is around me. Pen or pencil or crayon. I like them all. I like painting with watercolour paint.

Not that I'm any good, but I enjoy to doodle and draw using biros (probably most of all) but I also enjoy drawing in photoshop - that's graphics tablet...

I can't get the hang of flash...I find it far too confusing!

When I draw birds, I use a regular #2 pencil and then color with thicker colored pencils, like Berol Prismacolor or the equivalent.

i love every form of media!! admittedly i can't really use them all, but i can admire from a far. i have a big thing for graffiti artists at the moment, spraypaint skills! i get really excited when i see some graffiti on a wall that's actually taken some time, planning and skill to create. i'd love to be able to stencil like Banksy does, but i can't get my head round it! i'm always on the look out for Banksy and D*Face work when i'm out and about in london. this all really started when i saw a really pretty Banksy stencil down on the South Bank (of the Thames) under a bridge, it's of a little girl and her heart-shaped balloon is floating away.

I loike pencil, all different grades. I also want to try watercolour and pastels, I reckon you could get some smart effects.

I dont fancy acrylics or oils though, they seem really hard to use.

I mostly do pencil. Mechanical pencils are a fav, I feel like I have so much control with them.
I also have a thing for charcoal and Prisma markers. I also love working in Photoshop, but unfortunately my Waccom tablet died :-(

Anything I can grab. It depends what I'm doodling, most are more 'cartooney' since I have the artistic skills of a bag of colourblind rocks, so I like using a black felt tip, but if (as I'm doing lately, for some reason) I'm going for a bit more 'lifelike' doodle, I go for whatever pencil I can get and colouring pencils.

I mostly do pencil. Mechanical pencils are a fav, I feel like I have so much control with them.
I also have a thing for charcoal and Prisma markers. I also love working in Photoshop, but unfortunately my Waccom tablet died :-(

I've heard of so many people recently who's tablets have died! I know what it feels like to be suddenly without one though...if anyone steals mine from my bedroom, I feel I can't do anything!

Heh, lately ive been drawing a bit, mainly with a plain old pencil. During lectures mainly.... :whistle:

I've done pencil, charcoal, and stippling in old-fashioned dip pen and ink (which I love but you gotta be SO careful!), and dabbled in sculpting clay in high school. For a while I completely switched to photography because it could take me months to do a picture in pen and ink (being able only to do it in spare moments) but photos were so much quicker. I took a watercolor class last year but I didn't so much like the teacher so I want to take another. I've also had cravings for pastels lately and am going to look into that (once I get my fun money stash stocked up again). I also sew cross stitches and want to start making my own patterns either from my own drawings or photographs. I think some day I also want to try oil, well, I pretty much want to try everything. I've also done some pretty nice stuff in simple ol' crayola crayons. :)

I have found oil paint to be insanely difficult to work with. It stains any material it touches, it's a royal pain to clean up, it takes FOREVER to dry, and I'm not very good at painting to begin with :p
If only we could all be like Bob Ross :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back