To Spray Or Not To Spray....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ENR

Reaction score
Ok, the internet is a great tool. It can help but it can hinder massively cant it? :)

I have a 160L tank, well stocked and planted out nicely. I have a Fluval 3+ internal filter, that i have today, attached a spray bar to. Why i hear you ask?
Why not. I thought i'd try it. I have positioned the spray bar above the water so that it drops into the water from a height of about 10mm.

Am i wasting my time? Seems the internets disagree with them and all i need is just surface movement?

Ok, the internet is a great tool. It can help but it can hinder massively cant it? :)

I have a 160L tank, well stocked and planted out nicely. I have a Fluval 3+ internal filter, that i have today, attached a spray bar to. Why i hear you ask?
Why not. I thought i'd try it. I have positioned the spray bar above the water so that it drops into the water from a height of about 10mm.

Am i wasting my time? Seems the internets disagree with them and all i need is just surface movement?

As long as the water at the surface is moving well, it doesn't really matter. You can put the spray bar under or over the surface, or ju7st have the normal fluval outlet. Whichever one is most anesthetically pleasing to you, really.

i used to place it level with the water or just under pointing up over
it moves the surface of the water nicely and doesn't seem to bother the fish that much and it provides got surface agitation

I am no expert, but if you have a planted tank its best to have the spray bar under the water about 1-2 inches, if the water is splashing down it will create to much oxygen which is great for your fish but not for the plants, your plants will produce there own oxygen so just water ripples will be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back