FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Does the equilibrium help with my plants?
In order for plants to grow they need:
Light
water
CO2
Nitrogen
Potassium
Calcium
Magnesium

Phosphorous
Sulfur
Chlorine
Iron
Manganese
Boron
Zinc
Copper
Molybdenum
Nickel

Everything in bold is in equilibrium. IF you plant get all of this they grow and a planted tank is easy If just one is missing from the list the plant doesn't grow and will eventually die.So you want to insure that between your water, sustrate, and fertilizer.

I use RO and use seachem equilibrium when I do water changes.
Ro water means your water is providing zero nutrients. Your substrate is gravel which generally also provide few nutrients. And As I stated earlier Aquarium Coop Easy Green doesn't have Calcium, copper, and nickel. Equilibrium has calcium, however you don't have any source of copper and nickel in you fertilizer or your water and it is highely unlikely your gravels has them.

From my own experience with RO water tanks you cannot grow plants without copper and nickel and these are typically in tap water. So you need something with copper and nickel. Seachem Flourish does list copper on the label but in my own experience with it, there isn't enough in the bottle for plants.

I would recommend you switch from 100% RO water to a mix of RO and tap water. That is the easiest way to resolve your copper and nickel deficiency.

Can't argue with the science.
Random pic of one of my RO tanks - this one has no minerals added and I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive at present, in the past I have used TNC Lite and don't see any difference between the two. I also use Seachem root tabs but if I am honest I usually only remember to replace after 6-12 months (i.e. when I see they are needed). Nothing else gets added.
20210216_192746502_ios-jpg.129245

Ingredients in Tropica Premium Nutrition taken from the bottle label:
N = 0.0%
P = 0.0%
K = 0.8%
Mg = 0.4%
S = 0.9%
B = 0.004%
Cu = 0.006%
Fe = 0.07%
Mn = 0.04%
Mo = 0.002%
Zn = 0.002%

The Ingredients for Tropica Specialized Nutrition from the bottle label (only the NPK change from above):
N = 1.3%
P = 0.1%
K = 1.0%
Mg = 0.4%
S = 0.9%
B = 0.004%
Cu = 0.006%
Fe = 0.07%
Mn = 0.04%
Mo = 0.002%
Zn = 0.002%

I use these both and have for used Tropica ferts for over 2 decades. When I could in years past, I would buy the 5 liter size. The first iteration I had was called Mastergrow, if I remember right.
Are you in the EU? I'm having trouble finding this stateside

Can't argue with the science.
Random pic of one of my RO tanks - this one has no minerals added and I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive at present, in the past I have used TNC Lite and don't see any difference between the two. I also use Seachem root tabs but if I am honest I usually only remember to replace after 6-12 months (i.e. when I see they are needed). Nothing else gets added.
20210216_192746502_ios-jpg.129245
Oh wow love your tank! OK so I think I'm going to start using that since I already have it at home. This is what I want my tank to look like. What are you using for light? Also duration of light. Thank you

Oh wow love your tank! OK so I think I'm going to start using that since I already have it at home. This is what I want my tank to look like. What are you using for light? Also duration of light. Thank you
My light is this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V8JD19P
I also bought the add on controller (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K6H6CB5) so I could use it as a timer and have gradual dimming. It runs 9 hours a day at 40% of the light's power. This tank is only 30cm (12") tall so you will have to experiment a bit to get the ideal intensity for yours.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back