To Euthanize Or To Not Euthanize

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

I Make Gum

Reaction score
http://www.fishforums.net/content/Tropical...w-Guppie-Owner/

Hi, the link above is my situation. I need help deciding if I need to euthanize my beloved betta, Charlie. He is the fish that started my fish tank--my first fish! He is not doing better. He is having a hard time controlling himself with the current in the tank. I have lowered the setting and also put a crimper on the air line so that there is the least amount of water movement possible. He is noticeably weaker and I can't entice him to eat anything. Not bloodworms or his favorite food soaked in garlic. Nothing. Should I continue the course of his treatment? The fungus seems to be clearing up, but his condition is not better. Also, his mouth had begun to rot away by now, even though I have been treating him for about a week now.
:-(

Is it time to call it quits? I have a lot of reservations about killing him. I have put so much money into saving him and effort, too. He has been fighting to survive, so he has put effort into life also. What do I do???

Thanks

Sounds bad. If it was me I would put him out of his misery. Kindest way for small fish in my opinion is to wrap them up in paper and hit them very hard on the head with a rolling pin or hammer.

Sorry for your loss.

I agree, its best to end his misery for him.

Or bless him.
If the mouths rotting away I agree it's best to put the fish out of it's misery, so sorry.

UPDATE: My poor Charlie Died! I feel so sh**ty!!!! :( :-( :-( :( :-( :( :-(

I come home and my beautiful, regal fish is dead! <sobs>

(the guppie is doing great however--but I'm still totally bummed)

Bless him R.I.P.

Sounds bad. If it was me I would put him out of his misery. Kindest way for small fish in my opinion is to wrap them up in paper and hit them very hard on the head with a rolling pin or hammer.

Sorry for your loss.

Wow that is harsh. No offence but Seems like clove oil would have been more humane. I choose to let life run it's course.

Sorry your charlie died I Make Gum :( .

Sorry for your loss.

Wow that is harsh. No offence but Seems like clove oil would have been more humane. I choose to let life run it's course.

Sorry your charlie died I Make Gum :( .

thanks for the replies everyone! even though i don't know any of you personally, it makes me feel better to know i'm not the only one who gets upset about fish! people i work with think i'm nuts!

:good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back