Tips On Wisteria Prunning?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

`Peter

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Any Tips? Should I just cut the leaves off the top or snip the stem from the bottom (would this stimulate growth or do more harm?) First time keeping Wisteria and it has melted the past 2 weeks but is now growing healthy green leaves. Dosing Iron weekly and tank has Flourish tabs in the gravel.

Lop the tops of your stems off to the length that you prefer and replant them. The bottom portion will sprout two new sets of stems, so you can put those aside in a plant clippings tank to grow out if you wish, or replant them as well.

Wisteria, in my experience, pulls more nutrients from the water column than it does from substrate. Especially when you consider the fact that the best method of trimming involves replanting the tops, which completely destroys any root structure that they may have developed.

The melting was likely just due to acclimation. Glad to hear that it's getting comfortable now.

Thanks so much, and ye most of the plants I put in my tank have melted in some way before regrowing greener. Currently my Vals and Dwarf Sag are going through the process =(

Most reactions

trending

Back