Tips On Safely Moving 200L Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks Akasha I have taken the leaf and put it in container near the filter outlet to keep it safe, some eggs have turned white but the majority look promising I have a spare tank they can go into if they hatch, I'll keep you posted!

I'm planning on getting a new stand for my 55 gal, and i think the best way to move a large tank is to empty everything. Take all the plants out carefully along with rocks, driftwood and other decor, then take the fish out (put them in air cushioned bags), you can probably ask a chain store or LFS or a few bags. I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving you some. Remove water and substrate last, it's not worth the risk of carrying a large tank with weight at the bottom. I did that with my 10 gallon and passed off lucky but I don't think I'll ever be doing that again.

Great topic, but also very overwhelming at the task potential ahead of me soon. I was hoping to move my Juwel Vision 180l w/o unsettling the substrate etc., it now appears that will not be the case :(. Still better to be safe than sorry.

Maybe worth pinning this for the advice given - mods?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back