tiny tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tetraboy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have curently obtained a tiny tank (380x265x460mm)
what fish could i put in it or shall i give up and use it as breeding tank

If you don't already have quarantine tank, so now you have!

I'd put only neontetras (like 10-15) or Betta splendens (siamese fighting fish) and couple Pangio kuhlii if the bottom is sand. And you should be filtration system too and heater.

this is my first aquarium that i bought myself though i have had alot of experiance helping with my dads aquarium
the tiny one has a sandy substrate a piece of bog wood and some plants it has been set up for a week and i am thinking of buying its first fish next week

Id say bettas! (Gasp! Bettas CraZ says??) :p With females you can have more than one and great friendly group of girls they are! :nod: I havent had a lot of luck with neon-tetras (and so I have heard that others dont have good luck as well), but go for those too if'n ya want! Danios are neat-o, fin-nippers tho, so watch for that...Tho not much you can do about it! :rolleyes: hmmmm what else can i come up with at 3:20am?? (Im so tired Im hyper!) :hyper: Oh! Maybe a few corys?? They dont take up a ton of room and they are cute! They remind me of little fishy-puppy-dogs! :lol: There are a lot of small fish that could work for you that are pretty too ;) Like a lot of tetras are small, (except for my 3 HUGE Congo-tetras!) or ummm hmmm maybe Maybe MAYBE a dwarf gourami?? Not sure on that one. May not be suitible for him... dunno! Never hurts to suggest it tho! :alien: I'll go now, Im sure my senseless babble is getting annoying! Good luck with your tank and its future inhabitants!!!! :thumbs: :nod: :fun:

That size of tank comes out at roughly around 10 UK gallons,in a tank this size you can safely keep up to 10 inches of fish when using normal filtration.I would suggest 6 small tetras of the same species,neons,glowlights ect and 2 to 4 otocinclus species to keep the algea down,by upgrading to a larger size filter than required by a tank that size you could also add 2 to 4 corydoras catfish and maybe a small group of marbled hatchetfish to occupy the surface area.

Once again I am in complete aggreence with Mr V. I would use that tank as a hospital tank.....Sounds like a good size to me

Les

:lol: ...1 Male/3 Female Dwarf Puffers (surprise surprise)...and you could get 3 or 4 Peacock Gudgeons(FW Goby) as tank mates. :p

I would agree with crazy4fishes the bettas are the most loving fish that money can buy mine female takes food from my hands she does everything but make me pet her and I am working on that when i hold my finger in there she swims around and around it she pets me but I not allowed to pet her yet but it wont be long

:p It has to be Bettas... they're beautiful... my male is in my sig and the females are amazingly affectionate for fish!

They'll love the tank...........

i think you should get 3 tetras. two garami and two silver finned sharks. :)

Most reactions

Back