Tina's Twin Bommies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I also forgot to tell you all about my most recent acquisition.

It did cause a little nitrate spike, but now, the tank is looking very clean indeed.

I added about 3 1/2 weeks ago now, a pistol shrimp for my YWG. Unfortunately, they have not yet found each other.

The pistol lives underneath the left bommie (the crud that came out from his burrowing was unbelievable), the YWG lives under the reet hand bommie with the Banded brittle star and the emerald crab :crazy:

I am hoping to introduce them to the 6ft at the same time to see if this helps the to pair up, the YWG does seem interested by that wonderful popping noise, but still has not found him :S

The bubble tip anemone I had bought did not even make it into my tank :(

Unfortunately on Wednesday it managed to move (had previously been settled fine) into a powerhead :(

When Chris told me I was gutted, was sooo excited about getting and had made a space for it in anticipation.

Everybody will be on the look out for one tomorrow on the NWMC day out, if I cannot get a red, I will get a green and get a red at a later date, I will be fine with more then one in the 6x2x2..

Very disappointed as the price was very reasonable for the size.

On Saturday was the NWMC day out, what a tiring day for me. It is the first day out in over 12 months and was out from 8am to 8pm.

What a stock of coral and fish the shops got in for us. I could have spent a fortune (hang on I did :lol:), what I mean, is that I could have got most of the tang for my 6ft if it was set up, the only one missing from the main list was the purple (achilles were £120 :hyper::drool:), they did not have a sohal either, but still not made my mind up on that one.

Ok, bought lots, alot of frags as I would not have had room for owt else :crazy:

From Fishworld

My Flame Scallop - Some can keep them some Cannot, will give it a go, cause I am like that :p
2009_1108Reef0005.jpg

My Cat Matt kept at home for me, its sulking a little as it was moved twice yesterday. Matt forgot to bring it to shop any earlier :eek:sama:
2009_1108Reef0007.jpg

My Blastos - a few more than I expected thanks to Matt 2 of the frags were free :hyper:
:hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:
2009_1108Reef0011.jpg

My Acanthastrea I got off Ste@Fishworld, this looks better than Ste's or my piccies in real life :wub:
2009_1108Reef0013.jpg

I also bought some Duncans, but Mr NortherMonkey aka Monkey boy forgot to put them in my box and I need to go fetch them tomorrow from his :stupid:

Oasis

Chris Durkin would have had this if I had not - He had no room for it though :p

Black Sun Coral
2009_1108Reef0014.jpg

Cockfields

I bought some flat plate rock aswell for my new towers for Mega Bommies as this is only a week and a half away now:yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Then I had reserved this a while ago - Pocillopora
2009_1108Reef0010.jpg

I reserved these last week
Zoas
2009_1108Reef0008.jpg

2009_1108Reef0009.jpg

I got a new Torch to replace the one the black crab killed :sick: :sick: :sick:
2009_1108Reef0006.jpg

Then because Mr Durkin killed my RBTA (I pretend to have forgiven him) :sad:
I could only get green
2009_1108Reef0015.jpg

I did rather well I think:yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My fish world bill was discounted more than than everyone else got as Admin on the site I moderate on gave me a vouvher to spend in there for all the hard work I have put into the site particularly the Information and care database, which now has approx 200 species. :hyper:

I was also very well looked after all day, and everyone helped where stairs were concerned and access was difficult.:D

I fed the Nem and Cat some lancefish earlier, broke in a few pieces as the nem did not take the whole fish, it did however take half.

This is the Nem feeding

2009_1109Reef0019.jpg

Eating very well, so very pleased :D

I then broke what was left into 2 as the cat is not huge yet and was still sulking a little.

I gave a piece to the cat, this was what happened to that

:shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout:

2009_1109Reef0017.jpg

This pair of Blood Shrimp are getting reet little #105### s :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The third piece I tried giving to the bubble coral as mine is HUGE :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It spat it out though :-(

My serpent star came out and found that though

2009_1109Reef0025.jpg

If you look really closely, you can just see Caesar the Mandarin peeking out.

When I zoomed in to see if it was Caesar, I noticed 2 sundial snails :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I soon got those little beggers out :devil: :devil: :devil:

Will be on the look out for any more now :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

I do love the shrimp though, if they were normal cleaners, they would have gone by now.

Can't get rid of them as my tang is constantly getting cleaned by them. I am intending to be very careful where I place corals that need feeding and will not put them anywhere near where the shrimps decide to live.

Otherwise, I need to get very firm with them, I thought the cat had closed around it though and had stopped guarding.

I now have to guard the sun coral from the shrimp, Bangaii and the tang. It is getting to be a game of skill at each feeding.

:lol:

Sounds like you had a great day out Tina and that black sun is to kill for, gorgeous, bet that cost you a pretty penny

Seffie x

Sounds like you had a great day out Tina and that black sun is to kill for, gorgeous, bet that cost you a pretty penny

Seffie x

You won't believe this Seffie, it only cost me £22. I could not believe it myself. :hey:

Even the nem was £28 less a 10% discount and those blue zoas £12 less discount. You really need to move to the Northwest.

I got 20 heads of Blastomussa merletti for £32 less discount and that cat was a pricing mistake when I reserved it 6 weeks ago. It should have been £36 but because matt had said they would be £25, he honoured the price and kept it at home for me :wub:

Better yet, Ste was selling acans on the site at £22 each and there is easily 10 heads on that.

I also got a 6 head Duncan for £12.50 less 15% discount. The pink tentacled Aussie one too, as is the Cat and Blastos.

If anyone wants to travel, you are more than welcome on the days out even if it is NWMC. There will be another date anounnced in the next few weeks for the first day out of 2010. Likely to be end of Feb I would think.

I also got made Admin on the site, right hand woman to the owner now :hey: I have hardly paid for anything in the way of equipment for this tank. I got given a seio powerhead a tunze mini pump and a sump light from the site owner last night.

The seio even came with a bit of the red nem I was supposed to have :crazy:

OMG :hyper: I can't believe those prices - I saw a sun like your one going for over a hundred quid

Seffie x

OMG :hyper: I can't believe those prices - I saw a sun like your one going for over a hundred quid

Seffie x

I actually did not realise how rare they were Seffie. One of our new advertisers told me by PM yesterday that at that size, Branching (branching is the rare one) he would have sold it for £300. Frags apparently are £100.

We are thinking it came in a large mixed batch as there were tonnes of sun corals in there and all were £22.

There was a very large orange one for £30 in another tank.

The days out are the best :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back