Tina's Nano Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
They look lovely you are so lucky to get them hosting.

I might look into getting some of those mushrooms

I do feel lucky now. This coral is not irritated by their hosting at all.

nice freebie, looking forward to pics of the coral too

Thanks Ben, he is very cute.

Including the mushrooms (better pic needed) I actually have 4 corals to show you pictures of. Need to do the Full Tank Shot aswell, may well be today I can actually see the back of the tank. This UV is amazing.

There has been a slight delay on the fuge, the bloke I bought it from had been working away so he is posting it today. Should receive Tuesday / Wednesday.

Picture time

There is residual green making the back of the tank a little difficult to photograph but tonnes better.

First off the Pachyclavularia that refused toopen with old phosphate remover

2009_0411nanoreef0037a.jpg

Then we have the Rhodactis indosinensis mushrooms

2009_0411nanoreef0028a.jpg

Then I went to the shop that sells all corals for £24.95 or 2 for £40, I had to have 2 didn't I

First pom pom Xenia

2009_0411nanoreef0022a.jpg

And then I did not realise thought I would only get one of them, but the man said I got the 2

Euphyllia parancora

2009_0411nanoreef0019a.jpg

You will have to excuse the epoxy, made a mistake with the first placement, it was blocking the top one.

Individually

2009_0411nanoreef0033a.jpg

2009_0411nanoreef0034a.jpg

Then I got the FREE Yellow Watchman Goby, here is a better pic than last night.

2009_0411nanoreef0002a.jpg

And whilst there I just had to have another coral so I got this

2009_0411nanoreef0035a.jpg

2009_0411nanoreef0036a.jpg

I believe it is a Physogyra rather than Plerogyra, confirmation would be great.

A new picture of my happier frogspawn

2009_0411nanoreef0020a.jpg

And

The Full Tank Shot

2009_0411nanoreef0029a.jpg

Thanks for kind and lovely comments, hope you enjoy this update.

Yes I need to watch I don't run out of space now. Am going to wait for more corals for a little while, I want these to settle in and need to be careful as I now have a hell of a lot of stinging tentacles in there.

Ended up changing from my plans too, don't think I will have room for the ricordea garden in this tank that I had planned. Will see how I am going but the Euphyllias look so much better in the middle and the bubble needed indirect light so thats how they ended up there.

the bubble made me speechless. i've never seen or even heard of a purple bubble. slightly purple yes but not to the extent of yours. is the color like this because of the camera?

I think Straydum it is the blue light tubes, In the shop it did look a deep pink colour, but I really like the look of it in my tank. Will turn the blue lights off at some point then take another picture, it should show up pink then. The hammer is the same, in the shop it was green and pink, but looks purple when I turn the white lights off.

It is very beautiful I have had my eye on it for a few weeks now. Yesterday was the first time I went in where the coral stock had not been decimated following the delivery. Usually not a lot left by the time I get there.

Of course you can.

Trod that was the reason I reserved those, did not want those going when the hoardes went in.

I am having a really good think now, I want certain corals so I need to make sure I can fit in the ones I really want first.

The UV is amazing, the water clarity is just, I don't know how to describe it. I can see completwly clearly through the length of the tank.

I have some more Photos for you as requested. I turned the blue light tubes off and took these.

The Pachyclavularia now the water is clear. I am chuffed I managed to save this Frag and get the polyps to open. More and more are opening every day.

2009_0412nanoreef0018a.jpg

Next up the Frogspawn, not alot of difference on this one.

2009_0412nanoreef0016a.jpg

My Hammers (I am counting them as 2 even though I bought it as 1)

2009_0412nanoreef0015a.jpg

The Bubble, this one really makes a difference.

2009_0412nanoreef0012a.jpg

Closer

2009_0412nanoreef0013a.jpg

The tank viewed through the length. For these shots I turned the blue tubes back on.

2009_0412nanoreef0009a.jpg

The tank viewed from the Reet

2009_0412nanoreef0008a.jpg

The tank viewed from the left

2009_0412nanoreef0007a.jpg

The Full Tank Shot

2009_0412nanoreef0006a.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them.

Wow you can totally see the before-after UV difference there with the green water. Looks great so far TI, love that bubble :wub:

Very nice tank, may I ask what lights you are running, is it still 4 t5 tube's?

It is actually 4 T8 tubes, 2 white and 2 blue (1 arcadia actinic, 1 marine glow actinic). Everything seems to be doing really great under them too, may be the shallowness of the tank.

Thanks, I am working very hard with it, battled the green water and come out the other side.

Wow you can totally see the before-after UV difference there with the green water. Looks great so far TI, love that bubble

Thanks Ski, that is down to you remember. Am going to leave the UV running for a week or so, just to make sure it does not come back.

Would you know from the picture if it is Physogyra lichtensteini as I suspect or a Plerogyra. At night when the lights are out the skeleton looks maze like, this is mainly why I am leaning towards Physogyra from pictures in THE BOOK.

I am going to get the Flasher wrasse ordered, think it may take a few weeks to get, by the time it arrives then I should be ready for the next fish.

Am really pleased the clownfish adopted the mushrooms although the male had a good rub on the bottom hammer after feeding last night and made the polyps shrink, little swine. He seemed to really enjoy doing it then once the polyps had retracted a certain amount he went off back to the mushrooms. They don't stray far from them now, I love looking at them at night, they are cuddled together male on the right and female on the left, always in the same part of the mushroom.

I am seriously thinking once they have settled in in a month or two of fragging that centre white mushroom. Have read about fragging them and if I cut it from the rock leaving part there, that will grow back then I can pizza slice the disc and get a few more.

Never know Trod, if I do that there may be some frags to swap!!

Actually, it's definitely a Plerogyra. I have a small Physogyra and it looks nothing like yours.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back