Tina's Nano Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
i'm personally thankful my clowns doesn't host my hammer or torch. i've read one too many cases where clown hosting on hammers and frogspawns are problematic for the corals.

good choice on the Plerogyra! bubble's are my favorite so far after hammers. i haven't seen a honey colored one though, but pink ones never fails to catch attention

I think you are right actually skifletch, I was looking at this tonight. It was only labelled aquacultured honey in the shop. When I put it in I saw the three heads and presumed it was branching, I am now convinced it is as you say Euphyllia divisa.

I have also managed to feed it some mysis shrimp tonight too. Was a little worried about the first time I did this, I turned powerheads off and I have a pack of sterile transfer pipettes. I used one to gently squirt some across each head. Some was definatley taken, the remainder was eaten by the clowns not long after.

And thanks for the compliment.

If it's got three heads then it is Euphylia Paradivisa almost certainly, however if it is just one skeleton, looks like it is growing from the inside where as the paradivisia looks more like branches with the coral growing out the top :good: the Divisia is rarer and usually costs more :nod: however I love mine - agree with Ski though, wouldn't want my clowns playing happy famalies in either of my Euphylias :crazy: Might be good to find something that will be less aggravated by them :good:

Anyway, tank looking nice and love your plans :nod:

Seffie x

:fish:

If it's got three heads then it is Euphylia Paradivisa almost certainly, however if it is just one skeleton, looks like it is growing from the inside where as the paradivisia looks more like branches with the coral growing out the top the Divisia is rarer and usually costs more however I love mine - agree with Ski though, wouldn't want my clowns playing happy famalies in either of my Euphylias Might be good to find something that will be less aggravated by them

Anyway, tank looking nice and love your plans

Seffie x

Thanks seffie

It is 3 heads from one skeleton, definately a nice one too. I am a little concerned about them irritating it, I am happy the clowns show natural hosting behaviour though. They hosted the powerhead again overnight when the polyps retracted, they seem to not go far from it in the day though.

I am going to go with a bubble and hope they won't irritate this as much. The coral I have reserved is also one that clowns are known to host but is a softie. Not giving anything away till its in my tank as I like to show the pictures.

Will keep updated

Just one thought about shrooms and kenya. I've been reading about them alot and it seems that will spread all over your tank and you'll constantly be "weeding them out". Read about that possibility before getting them :)

Nice Tank :D

Have read about that KJ, I have somewhere I can swap them for corals and of course if anyone on here wants any I will be happy to swap with them too or sell a few frags. If I need to I will set up my pfk aquacube just for the frags, would have to be very careful with water chemistry but I could give it a go. Have looked on GARF website and looked at how to frag the Sarcophyton too when that gets to a point that it is too big. Have looked at Pachyclavularia, know what I am doing with that, zoas can have the rock split, so as each new coral is a twinkle in my eye, I will check on all of that before buying, as should anyone else, only one that I am unsure about is frogspawn and it is just where I cut that I am concerned about with that one. Am looking for a video or photos online just to clarify that, if anyone knows of any. Otherwise the lady at the fish shop has said she will help. Would rather be able to do it at home though so stress is minimised. :good:

Nice Tank

and Thanks. :thanks:
Is yours coming on too??
If my magnesium test kit comes tommorrow (have the supplements and rowaphos) will be a very indepth post on water chemistry, have been reading and I want to check with you that I have everything right and I am adding things correctly. Want to wait till I mg tested first though, I need to know what this level is.

in the summer when the majority are off work/school for a few days/weeks we should host a massive frag swap, where we trade frags of say zoas to and from each other so we can get different colours. or maybe swap a sun coral frag for a hammer frag etc.

would be fun

Thanks VM.

I am happy so far, will be better when there is more in and I can sneak corals in without the other half noticing :whistle: :angel:

I have been surprised how much I have enjoyed the planning stages, I am usually a little impatient but have been quite good so far, would have been better to wait an extra week or so for frogspawn, but I can't reserve half the shop unfortunately. When I went in monday, the corals had halved since the friday before when I was there for the delivery coming in. I just hope that bubble is still there for me to reserve, may pop in tommorrow as it is delivery day. :unsure:

Whey hey look what I just won on ebay.

I think it is an absolute bargain.

I just won

Just need to order some chaeto now and I can get my heater etc out of the tank.

Hope the link works.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes Truck a hang on fuge with the pump (those bioballs thingies but won't use them) all for the the fabulous price of £9.99 + £12.99 P+P. The new ones on ebay with a pump are £64.99 + £12.99 P+P.

What a bargain :yahoo: :good: :kana:

I have ordered some chaetomorpha too and may have to do a little mod to fit my skimmer in. At least I can get rid of that internal I am using for Rowaphos and carbon and put my heater in there too. I will load the photo of it.

BP7tHQB2kKGrHgoH-C8EjlLlykEBJzUIf6S.jpg

It measures 300mmx100mmx250mm
Volume is 8 litres or 2 gallon. I have some sand I can put in too. Am very excited as this was not going to be added for a few months yet but at that price, who can say no.

Nitrates will at least be sorted now and I can get the skimmer on, I would have had to cut into the hood to put it in the main tank. Hoping it will be with me Monday.

Magnesium kit did not arrive in the post though :angry: was really hoping to sort out the levels and check on what I was doing with the supplements. Have added some Reef builder as per advanced instructions as I just needed to test KH and pH, the bottles also said to add the two on different days. KH / Alkalinity good, pH still low at 7.8 that was why I wanted magnesium. I have a feeling the calcium is supersaturated at 500ppm (tested level) and is affecting the alkalinity slightly. Will not do anything else till I get that test kit.

I could prune cabomba, have split amazon sword, could prune limnophila sessiliflora, I could split some anubias aswell but besides that not really got £35 pounds worth. Have found a new TMC one on ebay that includes postage for less. Have worked out how out my hydrometer is, so I may stick with it for a little while if it goes ok.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back