Time for some pruning? 😆

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Playsander

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I like a heavily planted tank but my plants have taken over triffid style. I think it may be time for a spot of pruning when I do maintenance this weekend. 🤔 😏

Attachments

• 20230310_162208.jpg
    20230310_162208.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 37
I kinda love it when plants are thriving and they go wild like that! It's fascinating to see, nice to see the plants growing well and thriving, then satisfying when you get around to trimming it back and tidying it up again, lol. I'm guilty of deliberately letting them go a bit crazy - I'll always keep on top of water changes, but trimming often gets delayed because of this guilty pleasure when it turns into a jungle tank, lol.
DSCF3809.JPG

To be honest my tank is usually a mess as to plants as it it a jungle. Yet a jungle is what I want. Gives veggie food to my cichlids and my rope fish loves it as they like plants and such to slither within. That is why another common name for a rope is reed fish. Without being heavily planted and having a mostly vertical cave system I would not be able to have my rope.

To be honest my tank is usually a mess as to plants as it it a jungle. Yet a jungle is what I want. Gives veggie food to my cichlids and my rope fish loves it as they like plants and such to slither within. That is why another common name for a rope is reed fish. Without being heavily planted and having a mostly vertical cave system I would not be able to have my rope.

They do sound like really fun fish to watch! Would love to see a video of your rope fella one day! Did you name him? I don't name every molly/guppy/platy, but when you have a more individual, solitary type fish like that as a centrepiece, a nickname of some sort at least usually sticks!

Same with the jungle tanks for most of the small nano fish and livebearers I keep. I let algae grow in one of my tanks too, mainly for the otos, but also the wavy, bushy, sorta pretty green algae that traps food pieces for the fish to pick at and encourages micro-critters for them to eat. The fish like a lot of plants to investigate and hide in, I just make sure there's at least some open swimming space!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back