Time For A Change

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SJ2K

Always Want More Fish?!
Reaction score
After a long, hot and sweaty thursday afternoon I finally got round to re-doing the tank :) it needed it ;)...O and sorry about quality, only taken on my phone.

Before:
DSC00207.jpg

After:
Edited.jpg

Omg SJ TO the K, You was right, the sand is better......top one looks so bare like one neon tetra in there :D

second one looks awsome :good: job

Ta ace, all real plants now aswell :) fish seem to like it :p (because of course, tetra are so expressive ;)).

Longer then id hoped :p the old gravel size varied alot, some was almost a fine sand so it wasnt easy to clean (ended up lugging the whole tank into the bathroom alone to wash it with the shower head)...Few tips for anyone thinking of changing over.

1) Make sure you buy a huge net! Its incredibly difficult catching fast fish with a 3" net :p
2) Buy a few spare buckets, emptying and re-filling a tank with 1 bucket is a nightmare.
3) Dont expect it to go to plan, so be prepared to think on your feet :)

looks 200 times nicer ( looked nice to start with tho). my goodness that was a lot of work, i did mine and lack of paitence meant 60% wc for 5 days to clear the cloudiness, but its great now and was well worth the hard work, and urs looks ace!! :good:

shelagh xxx

Cheers :) Was worth the effort, cant believe that tacky gravel seemed so 'cool' in the beginning :p

Due to my financial situation (aka, MOT due) I went for argos playsand, no regrets :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back