Tigers Tigers Everywhere

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My goodness, do you people even know who CFC is? If anyone can house a monster like that long term, it's him. I think you all have been living under a rock, seriously. huh.gif

:shifty:

Im thinking there joking :p atleast, i hope so!

My goodness, do you people even know who CFC is? If anyone can house a monster like that long term, it's him. I think you all have been living under a rock, seriously. :huh:

Anyway, what is the sp. on the Gymnotus, CFC? coatesi or tigre? Lovely fish. I used to work for an ichtyologist who specialized in them. If it is a tigre, then he was actually the one who discovered it: Dr. Crampton. :)

Its a Gymnotus tigre as far as i know, thats what it was imported as and thats what i bought it as.

Space be quiet or i'll show people that picture of you on your website :p

Juan sadly (or should that be thankfully :lol: ) my ATF is a Hydrocynus vittatus, the smaller less toothy cousin of the golioth tiger in that picture, still an awesome predator but less likely to remove a hand at feeding time and a tad easier to house as they only get to about half the size.

My goodness, do you people even know who CFC is? If anyone can house a monster like that long term, it's him. I think you all have been living under a rock, seriously. :huh:

Anyway, what is the sp. on the Gymnotus, CFC? coatesi or tigre? Lovely fish. I used to work for an ichtyologist who specialized in them. If it is a tigre, then he was actually the one who discovered it: Dr. Crampton. :)

Its a Gymnotus tigre as far as i know, thats what it was imported as and thats what i bought it as.

Space be quiet or i'll show people that picture of you on your website :p

Juan sadly (or should that be thankfully :lol: ) my ATF is a Hydrocynus vittatus, the smaller less toothy cousin of the golioth tiger in that picture, still an awesome predator but less likely to remove a hand at feeding time and a tad easier to house as they only get to about half the size.

Jeez you really don't do 'common fish' do you? Stunning healthy fish and they actually have room to live and swim (which sadly makes a change from what is often seen). I dream one day of keeping aquaria like these. Still think you're a bit of a wimp though, surely the danger of hand removal is what keeps life entertaining :lol:

Bren (owls_79)

Hi kinabalu (or should that be owls ;) ) welcome to TFF

I think i've got enough fish that can bite sting or electrocute me so not having one more doesn't hurt :lol:

If you want, I'll send the picture to Dr. Crampton for you. He should be able to identify it without hesitation.

If you want, I'll send the picture to Dr. Crampton for you. He should be able to identify it without hesitation.

Yeah why not, be interesting to find out for sure.

Yeah why not, be interesting to find out for sure.
I've sent an email to him. I'll let you know when he answers! :)

Great fish, but your tank is over crowded. There is no way you could house an ATF. That fish will never be happy.

lol have you seen his tanks!!!

Great fish, but your tank is over crowded. There is no way you could house an ATF. That fish will never be happy.

thread hijack I know but what fish is that in your avatar Space Monkey?

Damn Nice Fish
LOve the Tiger Knife. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

lol have you seen his tanks!!!

thread hijack I know but what fish is that in your avatar Space Monkey?

space, nix and I are only teasing CFC we have known about his huge tanks and taste for preds for a very long time, if anybody has influenced us into getting preds ourselves. gotta rib him every now and then.

thread hijack I know but what fish is that in your avatar Space Monkey?thread hijack I know but what fish is that in your avatar Space Monkey?

Rainbow Wolf fish, Erythrinus erythrinus. Died recently over the summer though. :(

waiting.jpg

bodyshot.jpg

superworm3.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back