Tiger Oscars Not Eating!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Fishermang

Reaction score
My tiger Oscar has been laying on the bottom, not really moving and has just been laying there breathing. She hasnā€™t ate in the past day, and Iā€™m very concerned! Will get parameters tomorrow once I get new kits, but does anyone have any idea if itā€™s just fun for? If so, what do you recommend I do?
23FA5F59-A207-43B0-A82E-B8723CB778EA.jpeg
76ED7121-F054-47C0-A441-9E7850D93D40.jpeg
C66BAA31-862B-4E38-9048-3630A6C767C0.jpeg

Maybe it's just the picture but her water looks a bit cloudy to me? Anytime a fish isn't well, I jump to doing a nice water change and checking the filters, cleaning if needed. Check temp as well. Is she working her mouth a lot, like she's gasping? If so, think about the oxygen content of your water and check on surface agitators/bubblers. Just some basic ideas to get you going, I'm sure someone will have more ideas!

Iā€™m no expert but I do like my Cichlids how large is the fish and what size tank are you keeping in ? Assuming everything is ok with your water I can only suggest have you changed the environment of the tank such as taken away plants rocks wood ? Or try adding these things to the tank , they act and behave a lot healthy in a realistic environment, other than tht I couldnā€™t say , maybe try feeding a treat

Like the other guys have said can we get some more info? ideally we could do with
  1. Tank size
  2. Tank mates
  3. Age of the fish
  4. Age of the tank
  5. Have any new fish, plants or decor been added
  6. Do they fight with any other fish in the tank
  7. What are your water parameters (ph, kh, gh, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate
  8. How often do you do water changes
  9. When did you do your last water change
If we can get this kind of detail we might be able to work out whatā€™s going on.

Wills

Like the other guys have said can we get some more info? ideally we could do with
  1. Tank size
  2. Tank mates
  3. Age of the fish
  4. Age of the tank
  5. Have any new fish, plants or decor been added
  6. Do they fight with any other fish in the tank
  7. What are your water parameters (ph, kh, gh, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate
  8. How often do you do water changes
  9. When did you do your last water change
If we can get this kind of detail we might be able to work out whatā€™s going on.

Wills

This before we can move forward.

Also, how much water do you take out when you water change.

Hard to tell by the pictures, but he's not looking too happy there. Oscars absolutely love food and if they aren't begging for food constantly, usually there is something wrong.

Judging by the pictures, the tank is looking a little cloudy, and he seems to be about 6 or 7 inches.

We'll await your response.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back