Throwback Feeding Time (Not For The Faint-Hearted Or Chicken-Lover)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tongue_Flicker

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Some photos a couple of years back..

Mackintosh when he was still a baby featuring Othello my albino hedgie who passed away last December (may he rest in peace).

703533_437273042998547_1779891396_o.jpg

Hyperactive Othello eating featuring Sebastian chattering his way

1622392_637477309644785_1402221234_o.jpg

Ursula and newly found and then lost friend, Chick #22

Chick #22: Whatever happens to me, you'll always be my friend right?
Ursula: Pinky swear! We'll be BFFs forever. I swear on the lives of these two feeder fish!

1926111_637477282978121_1672076780_o.jpg

1795933_637002889692227_2051878588_o.jpg

(Moments after)
Chick #22 doing tango with Esmeralda

1614590_637477189644797_1259757382_o.jpg

Will never understand live feeding. I know it's a big thing in the states but in the UK it's frowned upon I can tell you that. I feed my snake frozen foods and it's quite happy with that. Not sure I'd like a chick to suffer in front of me.

RRaquariums said:
What kinda snake is that?
Gonyosoma oxycephalum. In the US/UK, they call it red-tailed racer. On my side, it's a red-tailed green ratsnake. Scientists, tssk.. It would've been easier calling it a green ratsnake.

techen said:
Will never understand live feeding. I know it's a big thing in the states but in the UK it's frowned upon I can tell you that. I feed my snake frozen foods and it's quite happy with that. Not sure I'd like a chick to suffer in front of me.
I know how you feel as like most people who don't do live-feeding. Been reading a lot of debates about it. Unfortunately, it just so happened that F/T prey items are not available here and i don't think i'd be able to pre-kill it myself either.

I used to feed my snakes live rats and it was some what unpleasant but I look at it this way the frozen ones you get are usually suffocated to death then frozen and you buy it and what happens when the snake gets one alive they suffocate it and eat it so one way or another it's the same result and my snake wouldn't eat frozen stuff anyway so no other choice.

RRaquariums said:
I used to feed my snakes live rats and it was some what unpleasant but I look at it this way the frozen ones you get are usually suffocated to death then frozen and you buy it and what happens when the snake gets one alive they suffocate it and eat it so one way or another it's the same result and my snake wouldn't eat frozen stuff anyway so no other choice.

That depends where you buy them. Most chain stores only buy mouses/rats that were put down painless rather than any extreme measures. 

I just wish snake-feeding be more convenient where i'm at. Majority of my snakes are exclusive frog & lizard eaters and hopefully in the future they can make F/T frogs and lizard feeders :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back