Thread for sharing art

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have a question about varnish. Should I get spray varnish or liquid varnish? Spray is more expensive, but it seems easier to apply? Does a 250ml liquid bottle or a 400ml spray one last more? I draw with acrylics on canvasses, if that makes any difference. So far I've been varnishing only some of my paintings with a liquid matt varnish, but I'll get gloss this time since I don't really like the milky effect my matt has... Any thoughts? Thanks

I have a question about varnish. Should I get spray varnish or liquid varnish? Spray is more expensive, but it seems easier to apply? Does a 250ml liquid bottle or a 400ml spray one last more? I draw with acrylics on canvasses, if that makes any difference. So far I've been varnishing only some of my paintings with a liquid matt varnish, but I'll get gloss this time since I don't really like the milky effect my matt has... Any thoughts? Thanks
I use liquid gloss

What brand matte do you use? It shouldn’t be milky, unless it’s too thick or overly brushed

I use liquid gloss

What brand matte do you use? It shouldn’t be milky, unless it’s too thick or overly brushed
Ι'll go with liquid gloss too I think, after some research I did.

And it's not exactly milky, but it makes the colors dull and changes them a lot... black becomes grey etc.... It's a bit more thick that it should. Maybe it's that? It's Winsor & Newton brand

And it's not exactly milky, but it makes the colors dull and changes them a lot... black becomes grey etc.... It's a bit more thick that it should. Maybe it's that? It's Winsor & Newton brand
Or maybe I did something wrong with it and harmed the varnish lol. I want to believe I'm not THAT useless, but it's definitely a possibility. Maybe I'll go test it again tommorrow... 🙃

Or maybe I did something wrong with it and harmed the varnish lol. I want to believe I'm not THAT useless, but it's definitely a possibility. Maybe I'll go test it again tommorrow... 🙃
Try putting only a very thin layer

F8E67CB2-0E4A-4387-BA79-EC27ADF04414.jpeg
I’m gonna pretend they were more interested in the doodle than the possibility of food 😂

I assume that's a heart on the right. But I also see a face in it... Is that done deliberately or is it just me who sees it...? I do like it, btw...
I didn't even notice that until you said that! I can ALMOST see it now...

It's probably just face pareidolia in affect 😂

I assume that's a heart on the right. But I also see a face in it... Is that done deliberately or is it just me who sees it...? I do like it, btw...
It was not done deliberately. Thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back