Thread for sharing art

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ok! Thank you!
That's nice. I wont do it everyday. That's probably a good thing because I don't want it to be something I do so much that I get tired of it and then its no longer fun.

How do you know when you have something good then?
I didn't know you even don't like some of your art. I always thought you were pretty confident about it...
Maybe later I will show you what I drew last night in pms... It was just me trying to practice and learn without tracing.
Definitely didn't turn out well..
Haha nope not confident about most

When you are getting paid to make something, at least half the time figure you are not going to like it but your opinion doesn't really matter, only the customer's opinion matters. I've sold custom one of a kind sculptures, sewing projects, quilts, etc. I don't think any paintings but not many people know I paint either.

I do sell waterfalls and mostly I have never met a waterfall I couldn't improve and get to where I could like it. Mostly. 95% of the time I like them. What's not to like?

Now getting me to show up to work an ugly hopeless pond is very difficult. I don't want to work on one I can't make beautiful and right now I think I made the lady mad with the ugly pond when I told her I would have to get back with her, but it's a really sad pond. And I don't see any hope for making it better, I can't do it for free, not that much work. And I don't think she can afford to have the work done. So it is what it is. going to go medicate my house fish.

Attachments

• shaw_small.jpg
    shaw_small.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 27
When you are getting paid to make something, at least half the time figure you are not going to like it but your opinion doesn't really matter, only the customer's opinion matters. I've sold custom one of a kind sculptures, sewing projects, quilts, etc. I don't think any paintings but not many people know I paint either.
Exactly, even some of the paintings I don’t like I make prints of anyway cause who knows? Someone might like them haha.

Also when making a custom one, you have to act confident when showing your customers or else it fails. @Rocky998 thought I was confident, that’s cause that’s the face I’m putting on. Besides, acting confident when you aren’t actually helps build confidence

Exactly, even some of the paintings I don’t like I make prints of anyway cause who knows? Someone might like them haha.

Also when making a custom one, you have to act confident when showing your customers or else it fails. @Rocky998 thought I was confident, that’s cause that’s the face I’m putting on. Besides, acting confident when you aren’t actually helps build confidence
The "businesswoman" side of you I suppose 😅

But for real, you do have a really good talent and it did surprise me when you said that you are not confident about most of your work.

If it were easier to make prints 30 years ago, I'd have stuck with painting more and maybe not gone off and started a pond business, but the ponds pretty much jumped at me and said, fix me, make me beautiful so who knows. Now with digital media and color printing the possiblities are endless and in a few years I am going to be too old to climb waterfalls - kind of exciting actually, the chance to stay home and create, and still have income.

If it were easier to make prints 30 years ago, I'd have stuck with painting more and maybe not gone off and started a pond business, but the ponds pretty much jumped at me and said, fix me, make me beautiful so who knows. Now with digital media and color printing the possiblities are endless and in a few years I am going to be too old to climb waterfalls - kind of exciting actually, the chance to stay home and create, and still have income.
If you ever need a good print company let me know

@Rocky998 your dino is really good!!:nod:
Oh thank you! Ive been trying to do drawings of dino heads (mainly focusing on raptors). Maybe I'll post my newest one here. I did two but while the first one turned out alright I just didn't feel comfortable sharing it. This newer one is definitely not great but I think I'm doing better. You just gotta squint at it 😂

I think you underestimate yourself. It's really good, honestly! And I'm sure that, if you keep practicing, you'll do great 👍!
Thank you! Means a lot...
I think I will keep practicing. It's going to be raptor heads for a while until I perfect it 😅

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back