Thread for sharing art

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Who knew there were so many great artists on this forum?! I love seeing all this lovely creativity.
I also love art!
I got into oils back in spring, I like to draw, and I love photography! I'm also into the needle arts (which technically counts, right?)
Because I don't have any pictures of my painting or drawings at hand (don't worry, I'll get some uploaded soon for the thread), I'll just post some of my favorite photos.

DSC_0957 (3).JPG
cardinal23.JPG
ice3.JPG
_DSC0851.JPG
_DSC0831.JPG
_DSC0199.JPG
iriswhite5.jpg

Okay, so I have a lot of favorites (there's even more that I didn't share!). If y'all would like to see more, I'd be happy to post more. This is a really fun thread, and was a great idea!

Attachments

• catbird24.JPG
    catbird24.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 30
@TheLavenderBadger has been experimenting with natural pigments and home-made paint brushes. Today we mixed up some tempera paint with egg yolks and earth pigments (colorful rocks ground into fine powder in a mortar and pestle) and did some painting with some of her twig paintbrushes. See if you can guess which ones are hers and which are mine!
snail.jpg
eagle.jpg
geometric.jpg
mountains.jpg
arrow1.jpg

Attachments

• arrow2.jpg
    arrow2.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 22
@TheLavenderBadger has been experimenting with natural pigments and home-made paint brushes. Today we mixed up some tempera paint with egg yolks and earth pigments (colorful rocks ground into fine powder in a mortar and pestle) and did some painting with some of her twig paintbrushes. See if you can guess which ones are hers and which are mine!
View attachment 164432View attachment 164433View attachment 164434View attachment 164436View attachment 164437
I'm going to guess the eagle was yours and the snail was @TheLavenderBadger's??
I have a 50/50 shot here! 🤣 (kinda)

Also just a quick question... When using egg yolk how do you keep it... Won't it start to rot in some way and stink

Very cool! I’ve been considering making my own pigments, there would be a market for it in Seattle. But I’m lazy hahahaha

OK, here's my first attempt at a completely "primitive" arrow. The shaft is a red osier dogwood shoot from up in the canyon; feathers are wild turkey primaries from the Bighorn mountains. I carved the arrowhead from bison leg bone. The whole thing is held together with bison sinew, hide glue, and pine pitch glue, and painted with mineral pigments with egg yolk or hide glue for binder.

Bone arrowheads aren't legal for big game in Wyoming, and this shaft is a bit too bendy to shoot out of a heavy hunting bow anyway, but other than that, this is a completely functional arrow that would fly great out of a lighter-weight bow. It was fun to make and I'm very happy with it. I gave it as a gift to my friends that run the bison ranch.

arrow.jpg

arrow2.jpg

arrow3.jpg

OK, here's my first attempt at a completely "primitive" arrow. The shaft is a red osier dogwood shoot from up in the canyon; feathers are wild turkey primaries from the Bighorn mountains. I carved the arrowhead from bison leg bone. The whole thing is held together with bison sinew, hide glue, and pine pitch glue, and painted with mineral pigments with egg yolk or hide glue for binder.

Bone arrowheads aren't legal for big game in Wyoming, and this shaft is a bit too bendy to shoot out of a heavy hunting bow anyway, but other than that, this is a completely functional arrow that would fly great out of a lighter-weight bow. It was fun to make and I'm very happy with it. I gave it as a gift to my friends that run the bison ranch.

View attachment 165594

View attachment 165595

View attachment 165596
WOW! Really cool!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back