Thousands of baby shrimp, no eggs to be seen

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MrDankYT

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought 15 wild neocaridina shrimp, and let me tell you, they're so cool, you'll see new patterns emerge, like a tiger pattern or blotches, and new colors such as green or red come out of nowhere, but I have a mystery, I see thousands of baby shrimp emerge out of thin air but I have never in my entire time of having them seen a shrimp with eggs! Now I do have a good hiding spot for them, which is a decorative shipwreck for them to hide in in case shrimp start throwing hands or something, is that where they go? The tank is a bare bottom, cold water, sponge filtered 70 liter tank with good lighting.

They are incredibly good at hiding. This is what you are looking for
20180525_154315-jpg.87831

This is a saddled female before the eggs drop...
smg_5638-jpg.87717

I also have a shrimp/guppy tank for ghost shrimp, would like to see a picture or two of yours. I have had no luck so far with having any baby shrimp. I am currently making arrangements to remove the guppies since they have been eating the shrimp when they molt :mad:

Attachments

• 20200117_210609.jpg
    20200117_210609.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 73
Put in some sand and plants if you want to see them more. They are more inclined to hide before / during the moult and when they are berried. With more plants they will feel more secure and won't need to hide under the ornament or rocks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back