Thoughts on this chap

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have 4 electric blue acara and two were bought from a local breeder and the other two were “wild caught” after learning a bit more knowledge I highly doubt they were wild caught , but they look different to my others so I alway put down as a bad buy and there low grade , one of them being a male and paired with one of my local sourced eba and breed regularly but show different traits the male has far less blue and a faint black strip down his side a lot like a standard blue acara , could he possibly be a mix of a standard blue and an electric blue , not the best photos but they hve eggs again so really hard to get the photos

Attachments

• D352C49E-614E-4453-BE5D-7880FD37ACBD.jpeg
    D352C49E-614E-4453-BE5D-7880FD37ACBD.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 6AAD1E57-E39D-4B73-B753-9E37B80FC4F4.jpeg
    6AAD1E57-E39D-4B73-B753-9E37B80FC4F4.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 101
He looks a bit washed out - does he ever get the orange seams on the fins?

He looks a bit washed out - does he ever get the orange seams on the fins?
In the morning very faintly after the lights have been off but not really , that’s the pair together it’s shocking to me the difference but yet they breed so must be the same fish or a very close genetic match , this is why iv decided to try and raise some of the fry to see if they look like her or him cus if they look like him they are probably genetically not worth keeping would you say ?

Attachments

• D560AB23-F575-48AD-AD9B-DC97B36ED2F7.jpeg
    D560AB23-F575-48AD-AD9B-DC97B36ED2F7.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 88

Attachments

• 08B79C16-3028-4522-A459-1216CBE927D6.jpeg
    08B79C16-3028-4522-A459-1216CBE927D6.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 73
In the morning very faintly after the lights have been off but not really , that’s the pair together it’s shocking to me the difference but yet they breed so must be the same fish or a very close genetic match , this is why iv decided to try and raise some of the fry to see if they look like her or him cus if they look like him they are probably genetically not worth keeping would you say ?
Plus he has a small dip starting to show in his back I don’t know if anybody can see that , which has only started to show as he’s hit the 4invh mark , really starting to worry about the fish in general and his genetics now , unless sexual maturity changes are really destroying this chap lol shame as the female is dark a strong blues

I wouldn't be breeding the fish in the pictures. They don't look like blue acaras to me and could be hybrids or anything. They also have bad colour and that means their crap colour is going to be passed onto their young.

I wouldn't be breeding the fish in the pictures. They don't look like blue acaras to me and could be hybrids or anything. They also have bad colour and that means their crap colour is going to be passed onto their young.
They as plural , there is nothing wrong with my female what so ever , I don’t breed them they breed themselves funny enough

I am wondering if the color has something to do with the pleco, and these guys are trying to blend into their environment. Plecos can be very intimidating to other fish.

I am wondering if the color has something to do with the pleco, and these guys are trying to blend into their environment. Plecos can be very intimidating to other fish.
Nahh he came looking tht way , maybe worse I would never buy from that person again came and the fish was that skinny it’s eyes looked huge and i don’t think my pleco bothers anything it’s shares food with the acara I think they all get on because the survived the Oscar ahah

Yeah I can see the dip in his spine if you have any fry from him I wouldn’t let them grow as this deformity would likely be passed as well as the dull colours. I’d be mixed about rehoming him as with his deformity he may not live a long life unfortunately. It’s your call though it’s understandable either way.

Wills

Yeah I can see the dip in his spine if you have any fry from him I wouldn’t let them grow as this deformity would likely be passed as well as the dull colours. I’d be mixed about rehoming him as with his deformity he may not live a long life unfortunately. It’s your call though it’s understandable either way.

Wills
Yeah that dip in his spine has come on in the last week or so never used to be there , when I first got them I thought they were scrap to be honest just didn’t want to kill them or anything so just let them go in the tank and reluctant to move him now because of the impact it might hve on the female

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back