Thought I'd Post Some Pics Of My Clown Loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lestat999

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
These photos are from prior to moving the clowns into their 2m tank, this is my big fella eating flake from my hand: -

100_3944.jpg

Some of my 6" clowns: -

100_4125.jpg

My big Modesta being a bully: -

100_4130.jpg

they are great

I've always wanted a big tank just to keep 15 or so clowns in I reckon it would be a far more interesting tank than the more obvious stocking choices for such a tank. Love it post more pics!! lol :good:

they are great

I've always wanted a big tank just to keep 15 or so clowns in I reckon it would be a far more interesting tank than the more obvious stocking choices for such a tank. Love it post more pics!! lol :good:

do you have a strong current filter? i heard they like that! mine sure do!

nice clowns! :drool: post more pics!!!! :good:

you have some decent clown loaches there :good: perfectly perportioned!
you dont really get that these days due to people housing them in tanks too small.

i love the little guy in the last picture :nod: which triggers me to ask 2 questions;

the stripes on that fish are different to normal...will they stay like that through-out it's life?

and

clown loaches seem to becoming more and more expensive as time progresses. would a fish with such markings be "worth more" (money wise) than say a normal marked clown loach?
i only ask because a close pet shop that supplies fish has a stock of clown loaches, alot of which have similar markings, and am wondering whether it'd be a worthy investment...economic ression and all :look:

pink.

they are great

do you have a strong current filter? i heard they like that! mine sure do!

nice clowns! :drool: post more pics!!!! :good:

In this tank I have an Eheim pro3 2080, 2 x XP3's, 2 x Aquaclear70's & a twin wave maker thingy from Hong Kong which altogether moves the water around a lot.

you have some decent clown loaches there :good: perfectly perportioned!
you dont really get that these days due to people housing them in tanks too small.

i love the little guy in the last picture :nod: which triggers me to ask 2 questions;

the stripes on that fish are different to normal...will they stay like that through-out it's life?

and

clown loaches seem to becoming more and more expensive as time progresses. would a fish with such markings be "worth more" (money wise) than say a normal marked clown loach?
i only ask because a close pet shop that supplies fish has a stock of clown loaches, alot of which have similar markings, and am wondering whether it'd be a worthy investment...economic ression and all :look:

pink.

The markings will stay the same once the little guy grows, I have a couple of bigger ones that still have their unusual markings. I don't believe that these fish fetch a bigger price than ones with the normal three stripes though, but you never know. Remember that it takes a long time for Clowns to mature and grow to full adult size, my biggest fella is over 10 years old and still only 9".

yea i agree the big 1s are very nice :p

although the little guy has some sexy patterns going on :good:

Ive seen the strange marking clowns wholesaled as "saddle clowns" and they do seem to a be a little be more expensive but not by much.
Do you find your blue getting on ok with the clowns ?

Ive seen the strange marking clowns wholesaled as "saddle clowns" and they do seem to a be a little be more expensive but not by much.
Do you find your blue getting on ok with the clowns ?

She tolerates them fine, but will not let them in her pipe. She is definitely the Alpha loach in the tank even though she is 3"-4" smaller than my biggest Clown.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back