This was so cute

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kerry

Reaction score
This was so cute. I have three snails with my fishies in my tank. I call them Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear.

Papa Bear has a footprint of about an inch. Tonight he climbed up the wall of the tank and leapt (!!) onto a large lettuce leaf that was floating there. He then proceeded to meander along that leaf and transferred to a smaller leaf. This little leaf could not quite take his massive weight and s-l-o-w-l-y sank to the bottom of the tank, complete with attached snail. When this load landed it happened to be near an airstone, which promptly wafted them up again. And so it went for quite a while. One small lettuce leaf with large snail hanging upsided down on it, windsurfing the tank.

And some people say that fish tanks are boring...... :wub:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've noticed my mystery snails are pretty acrobatic too.
They seem to have a better sense of smell than anyone else in the tank, if I drop in something they like, they both parachute from the top of the tank and make it to the food in thirty seconds flat (yes,I counted :p )

I saw one the other day,he (it) had managed to suck the thermometer off the side of the glass (the glass kind with suction cup) it floats mind you so he was going for the ride of his life swirling around the top of the water,bobbing up and down ,holding onto the thermometer for dear life :lol: :rolleyes:

Too funny..I want to get some Mystry snails, but my clowns would eat them, but I am going to set up just one more tank and maybe in theire :p

my clowns TRIED mercilessly to eat a huge apple snail that I had in their tank,it lived with them for about 6 months....then I added a plec (temporarily) and he managed to suck off that little "door" the snail had...after that it was a feeding frenzy :sick:

lol!

maybe a Mystery Snail is what i need! i seem to have made a clown community without noticing; i've got spazzes, puppies, perhaps i need an acrobat now

^^

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back