This is the NICEST community!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mrsjoannh13

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just wanted to say 'hello' as a total noob and say that this is the nicest fish forum! I posted messages in some other forums and it got downright catty with members fighting and arguing back and forth in their posts. Sheesh! This forum has been so kind and supportive. I am very happy to have found you! Thanks for all the help so far. I am setting up my first tank as a birthday present for my daughter. I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the coming weeks and months as I get that tank more established and start to work on a second tank - a betta for my office. So excited about tank #2 already! So thank you all for being AWESOME and helping me get a successful start in this (super duper expensive) hobby.

Oh I'm really longing for a betta tank. It's ridiculous how much I find myself thinking about it... But I also want so many other fish :rofl: it's an addictive hobby.

Best wishes for the new tank for your daughter.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

Bettas are great, you will love yours. It will give you entertainment and you may even receive compliments from your fellow employees!

If you need any tips/help, just ask. :)

Oh I'm really longing for a betta tank. It's ridiculous how much I find myself thinking about it... But I also want so many other fish :rofl: it's an addictive hobby.

Best wishes for the new tank for your daughter.
I know... the betta tank is sooo exciting. My husband asked what I wanted for Christmas. I was like.... aquarium and stand... DUH! LOL! I am stuck trying to decide between a smaller tank with just a betta or a larger tank with some cory cats or neon tetras. I feel like I will want more and more fish so leaning towards the larger tank, but bettas are so pretty it might be nice to showcase it by itself. Hence my dilemma.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

Bettas are great, you will love yours. It will give you entertainment and you may even receive compliments from your fellow employees!

If you need any tips/help, just ask. :)
LOL I work from home. So I am my fellow employees. Maybe I'll have to show it off during Zoom video calls.

Welcome
Not only is this the nicest , most helpful, and friendliest community, we also have the best contests for Fish of the Month, Pet of the Month, and Tank of the Month.

Please vote in the present Tank of the Month contest. You can can view entries by
Clicking Here

:hi:

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you will enjoy this forum and find answers that you seek, we are here to help out with any questions for just about anything aquaria related, amongst other things too!:lol:

Enjoy!

welcome! I am so excited to follow along on your journey of your daughter's gift tank and your own future tank! Aint life grand :)

Welcome, betta fish are cool, just please use at least a 5 gallon tank for one betta. Anything less is cruel to the poor guys. Bettas are very smart and interesting fish, a lot of fun and will last for years if taken care of properly. They get bored so need entertainment, like giving them places to explore in their tank.
Here is a couple of youtube vids for you to enjoy.

I am setting up my first tank as a birthday present for my daughter.
That's exactly how I got started into the hobby. Many years ago, we set up a 29gal for my daughter's 14th birthday. That was before I knew anything about how to cycle the tank properly among other things. Post questions often so that it's done right and your fish are given the best environment possible to thrive!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back