This Is Bolista

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dreamer03

Fishaholic
Reaction score

One of my birds finally let herself get some pictures taken. So this is Bolsita! Which in english it translates to "little bag". Just leaving this pictures here...

Very nice young male such beautiful colours, he looks a little sleepy in the pics I take it he is not always like this? did you clip his wings or did you get him like that? it's something I would not recommend, it makes birds lose their confidence especially when they are so young, they really need to be able to fly, I know people do it so the birds can't escape and are easier to train but they can be tamed when fully flighted, just make sure windows and doors are closed when let out.
I used to breed budgies, they are wonderful little birds, I miss my lot but had to rehome them to someone with an aviary after giving birth to my daughter as they had taken over the spare room!

Bolsiata is a she actually and by now she is about a year and half- two years. We generally dont clip wings either but she had an injury and the vet said no flying for her till she heals. But this is probably the last time the wings are clipped. She is super spoiled by my mom so until now she has not gotten depressed. We also have an eclectus parrot at home and the lovebird we did have to rehome sadly. But yes budies are really adorable!
Oh. The sleepy. That was the only way i could take the pictures. She is very talkative and wants to be on everyones buisness.

Ahh ok, is that a recent pic? as the bird in the pics looks young 
smile.png
must just be the lighting in the first pic that makes her cere look a lot pinker than it is, how long have you had her?

I have had her for a year. But when we took her to the vet the first time he said the bird was between 6 months to a year old. But yeah I guess it is the light and I admit she looks young but the picture was taken last week

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back