This aquarium was ruined by adding plants.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It's not unattractive of course. But it's like buying a Corvette and covering the body in lumpy artificial grass. Sure,you still got the Vette's lines but...:cool::lol:
I'm on to something. I might be changing the aquascape world all over the Earth. Or not.
950826575069498.jpeg

My brother says he ain't sharing ... 🤣🤣🤣

My tank is in FF's journals. Stan's sunlit aquarium. No Co2 and no high intensity lighting over my 240 gallon. I just don't want to spend $1,200 or so for the 1,000 watts of LED's it would take to make a dedicated plant aquarium that size. Plus,I don't want the added expense and hassle of a big cylinder of Co2 and getting that refilled every month. 1,000 watts running 8-10 hours a day adds up to $$$.
So I use the window for plants that can take direct sun along the back and shade plants like Anubias and ferns fronting them.

Here's latest pics. LowTech everywhere! btw, Only that one rock..all else is wood or plants. Rocks cause too many injuries and Rainbows in the morning and evening are just flashing and flying from one end to another.
The Syngonium growing hydro way is huge If anybody wants to see more of that I can take a new pic. It THRIVES on iron.

Attachments

• IMG_3871.JPG
    IMG_3871.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 56

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back