Third group of fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Darter217

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've got 9 five banded barbs and 6 Juli Cory's in my 125 litre but struggling to think about what fish to add for my third group which would fully stock my tank. So far I've been thinking of either some danios, some tetras or a pair or trio of Honey Gouramis. Advice would be appreciated.

pH is 6.8 and tank size is stated above.

Do you want to stay with an orange/black theme or would you prefer to add another colour?

Do you want to stay with an orange/black theme or would you prefer to add another colour?

I'm not too bothered about a colour theme, as long as there is good compatibility between the fish. That's the main thing for me.

I've actually taken danios off the list, heard from some people how they aren't the list relaxing fish to watch. It'll either be some honey Gouramis or a group of hardy tetras.

Danios are very active fish. I've never kept 5 band barbs - do they dash around the tank or swim slowly? Gouramis are sedate fish and sedate fish get stressed sharing a tank with dashers.
If you decide on tetras, there are just so many of them. And non-tetras like harlequin rasboras, pencilfish ..............

Danios are very active fish. I've never kept 5 band barbs - do they dash around the tank or swim slowly? Gouramis are sedate fish and sedate fish get stressed sharing a tank with dashers.
If you decide on tetras, there are just so many of them. And non-tetras like harlequin rasboras, pencilfish ..............

Five banded barbs are a bit unusual, they can sometimes be calm but they are very active and will chase each other quite a lot. They also patrol the bottom of the tank sometimes unlike other barbs.

Looks like I will be going with a group of tetras, although it will have to be one of the hardier groups as my tank will only be about 3 months old when I get them.

I was thinking of something like the black phantom tetra or the lemon tetra. If you know of any other hardy tetras then do tell.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back