Thinking Of Starting A Tank Again!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Okay... can i just test Ammonia and Nitrite only, or do i need to do everything again?

Yep, testing for just ammonia and nitrite is perfect for now.

thanks again Ch4rlie, question, how come your name says "Invalid Member" above the pic? :D

omega59 said:
thanks again Ch4rlie, question, how come your name says "Invalid Member" above the pic?
biggrin.png

That's me adding that, just my dry sense of humour is all it is :lol:

i know it's gone off topic..oohhh, how can i do that to mines, and how can i add my country flag?

Umm, its been a while since i did that tbh.

Think you click on 'My Profile'  (scroll down under your name top right corner of page)

Then 'Edit my Profile' near top right of profile page.

Go down to 'Profile Information'

Type in your phrase or whatever (keep it nice!) in 'Member Title' box.

Job done!

As for the flag, that is 'Signature' on list on left side of profile page, upload you pic think there is a size limit and add to your 'Edit Signature' then 'Save changes'

Note - moving signature picture are now no longer allowed on the forum, was found to have too many complaints and was a distraction for many members. Therefore if its a flag you want then has to be a static flag, not one that moves.

Thanks Ch4rlie.
Did another quick test this morning, nothing has changed. Looks like it will take some time for a nitrite spike.

Indeed it often does, patience pays off in the end, keep the faith :)

Does look like 0.50 ppm of ammonia.

But sometimes pictures of test results online can be decieving.

You have only just started the cycle, patience :)

When nitrite starts to show, it will quickly climb, so dont worry.

FYI, you plants may have absorbed some of the ammonia hence why no nitrite reading yet, but dont worry, nitrite will start to show sooner or later.

I didn't add any plants or anything yet just substrate i didn't have the time to buy them. should i add more Ammonia since it's less that .75?

Oh, thought you did add plants :lol: Oops!

No, do not add ammonia yet, you are waiting for nitrite to rise.

Once nitrite gets to 2ppm and ammonia is below 0.75 ppm ,THEN you add a full ammonia dose.

" If at any time after the first ammonia addition (Dose #1) you test and ammonia is under .75 ppm and nitrite is clearly over 2 ppm, it is time to add more ammonia (Dose #2). Add the same full amount as you did the first time. Now, begin to test the ammonia and nitrite levels every other day. (You should be seeing nitrate soon if you have the kit.)"

Ch4rlie, i got some Nuteafin Cycle, is it okay to use it at this point, nothing has changed as of yet with the tests?

Nutrafin Cyle, sorry, basically not worth it. tried it onec and since found out it has the wrong type of bacterias i think.

Tetra Safe Start or Dr Tim's One and Only are your best bets, these have the correct bacterias you need to seed for cycling tanks.

As it happens, Dr Tim Hovanac actually worked for Tetra and he developed that formulae for these bacs, he then started his own brand after leaving Tetra and thatd Dr Tim's.

Whats you ammonia reading now?

Most reactions

Back