Thinking Of Changing From Tropical Community To Mbuna Or Tanganyikan

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hi Lisa, just a "heads up" about a few adverts I spotted down your way (Dorset) that are Tang related...

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail100_209315.php (Escargot shells)
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail100_209082.php (two Black Clavus)
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail100_208824.php (N. caudopunctatus and tetracanthus plus "featherfins")

Hey Goat :D

Thanks very much, the lad who`s selling those is the lad I got my punks from....small world! :lol: I`m hoping to have his cyps but need to rehome mine first as I have too many males.
Really appreciate you posting this to help me out though, thank you :good:

Sorry to hear about the deaths :sad:

As far as the Cyps dancing, my two (males I think) swim together all the time and do the round and round each other and flicking at each other constantly :rolleyes: On the whole it looks friendly with their heads 'bluing up' nicely but occasionally one will display stress bars. They are, without doubt, the fittest and most entertaining fish in my tank and I want more!

My 'puncts are just wonderful and are constantly present, again, I want more.

My Black Calvus (I think) looks great and once again I want more!

I must try doing a video like you did. Love that tank, is it the expensive Oak jobbie from MA?

Sorry to hear about the deaths :sad:

As far as the Cyps dancing, my two (males I think) swim together all the time and do the round and round each other and flicking at each other constantly :rolleyes: On the whole it looks friendly with their heads 'bluing up' nicely but occasionally one will display stress bars. They are, without doubt, the fittest and most entertaining fish in my tank and I want more!

My 'puncts are just wonderful and are constantly present, again, I want more.

My Black Calvus (I think) looks great and once again I want more!

I must try doing a video like you did. Love that tank, is it the expensive Oak jobbie from MA?

I have no idea why the fry keep dying, I have no doubt there will be many more batches but it`s frustrating :shout:

You might have more cyps soon! ;) :lol: I`m loving the fact that I can see a difference in their colouring as they`re maturing, as with the others too, it`s great.
I can honestly say that I love all the Tangs but the punks are definately the most interesting :D

Yes the tank is one of the expensive ones from MA.......I just blame hubby for having expensive tastes :lol: :lol:

It`d be great to see a vid of your tank, would love to see your punks especially ;)

I thought it was....sooooo :sick: with envy. My two :wub: = big tanks and oak!

Video uploading on UTube right now (takes ages!), will post once done......

It`s hubby`s fault.....honest!! :lol: :lol:

Really looking forward to seeing the vid :good:

It`s hubby`s fault.....honest!! :lol: :lol:

Really looking forward to seeing the vid :good:

Video now posted in separate thread in this section :good:

Thought I`d post a couple of recent photos of my cyps. There are currently only 2 or 3 out of 11 that have the yellow/blue colouring and from this colouring I`m presuming they`re Utinta, not 100% sure though.
The other cyps are pretty plain at the mo so I`m guessing they`re more than likely female

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

I was in the same boat not so long ago I had a 480ltr tropical community :rolleyes:

but could not control my ph it was sitting at 8.4 and would not move and was lossing fish
after weeks of trying to sort out my tank and no joy !

still lossing fish I looked at malawi and never looked back what hard to setup after taking ever thing out my tank plants ever thing

if you do change go to b&q and get some plastic drain covers (egg create) for under the rocks

sand base lots of hiding places = happy fish

easy to care for all fish healthy as can be :drool:

BEST move i have ever done just the lay out first off was the hard bit !

nice pics elise, stunning fish. As to being utinta i thought that what you bought them under?

Hi, they are different from my mpulungu, , , very nice, the only thing I can say on colouring is I have 4 with blue fins and yellow tail and coloured bodies and heads, the other 8 are a pinky brown colour with some yellow in the fins so guessing 4 male to 8 females, the 4 "males" keep to there own areas and have the odd squabble, the 8 "females" are fine and go all over the place.
Really like your pics. fish very "metallic" looking, having a guess at Utinta, very nice :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back