Thinking about a Gourami?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Backing up to the initial several posts in this thread...you have soft to very soft water, and a small tank (10g). Your best options are "nano" size fish. The pygmy cories, and dwarf rasboras (Boraras species), Ember Tetra, and similar. Sparkling gourami (the pygmy gourami) in a trio. These fish will provide more interest as there will be more of them in what is a small tank, but one suited to these fish. Assuming floating plants, and a sand substrate.

Backing up to the initial several posts in this thread...you have soft to very soft water, and a small tank (10g). Your best options are "nano" size fish. The pygmy cories, and dwarf rasboras (Boraras species), Ember Tetra, and similar. Sparkling gourami (the pygmy gourami) in a trio. These fish will provide more interest as there will be more of them in what is a small tank, but one suited to these fish. Assuming floating plants, and a sand substrate.
Oooo ok.

funny they are actually recommended to live together since cories are bottom feeders and bettas stay near the mid-top

Ooooooooo. I would love to have a female betta. My first ever REAL fish was a female betta. I was hesitant to try another betta as I have had 3 bettas now and they did not live more than between 1 week and 3 months, but thinking about it some more I think the loss of the bettas was due to my inexperience and impatience, and I am much more experienced now, and I think I may want to try again. What size school of cories would you recommend in a 10 gallon? I have driftwood and plants in there, so they will have lots of places to hide

As this is a female betta, it might work, as I indicated previously. A male Betta should not be combined with other fish, including pygmy cories that spend more time in the upper water than they do on the substrate. Again, a female betta might not be such a problem...but I thought female bettas are usually in a sorority? Where are the betta experts here?

As this is a female betta, it might work, as I indicated previously. A male Betta should not be combined with other fish, including pygmy cories that spend more time in the upper water than they do on the substrate. Again, a female betta might not be such a problem...but I thought female bettas are usually in a sorority? Where are the betta experts here?
I appreciate all your help! Definitely won't go with a male betta and will do more research on female bettas. I think female bettas are usually in a sorority simply because of the ability to have more than one, but do perfectly fine on their own as well, as far as I can tall from the research I have done. I think a sorority would be lovely, but my tank size couldn't support one unfortunately.

females are perfectly ok and maybe better off housed by them selves

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back