Things like this make me sad...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JackDemp528

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Look at this huge fish in this little tank. It looks like an arowana, but I'm not sure. It also looks like there's another fish in the corner. I know he's taking down the tank. And I asked him what fish he had in there before and he didn't answer yet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7705198830

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Unreal :-( - looks like a blood parrot and a red tail cat - not sure what the fish in the middle is, could be an Arowana. Still - unreal :crazy:

yep looks like an arowana and a red tailed cat

that is why i get really mad when people dont listen to us and get some HUGE fish(arownana/oscar/rtbs etc)in a really small tank and think they will be ok.because that is what happens.People dont care though. :grr: i wish i could take them. :/ they look so unhappy.They proberbly cant even see through that water :X :-( :( :no: :no: :angry:

It's ridiculous... I'd like to give that person a piece of my mind...

She's advertising the red tailed cat as a seperate item, can't see the parrot or the arrowana listed.

Just boggles the mind really, even I can see that those fish can't turn around in there, let alone any compatibility issues.

:S

Oh my God that is awful. I would buy it if the poor fish come with the tank. She doesnt deserve any fish at all. The water shouldnt be that brown even if she is taking the tank down.

Well, if you read the auction, you'll see he's upgrading, getting rid of the smaller tank, so moving those fish a larger more appropriate home. As for the cloudiness of the water, well, it could be any number of factors you're not even aware of. Maybe they've added something to make the water brown (tannins), maybe due to the sand substrate being stirred up by a fish or the filter system, etc, etc.

I just try to give folks the benefit of the doubt...........

In his description, he says he didn't take pictures until he was tearing down the tank. It COULD be from removing everything and getting the substrate all stired up.

Thats what ill guess happened too...
He just kicked up all the biological buddies into solution.... :)
and he's moving to a bigger tank...
Sounds like he's TRYING to take care of em... ;)

The tank is in such a state too. I feel so sorry for those fish....it's just not on...I agree .... things like this make me really sad too.
It is such a shame.
I agree to give people the benefit of the doubt though...maybe they are trying but it's so difficult to see fish in that situation. I wouldn't buy fish I knew were going to grow too big for their environment.
I hope they get everything sorted.

Hmmmm, she may well be trying to do right by them but just look at the size of them in there!! Doing right by them would have meant moving them to a better home well before they reached that size! :S
Think we should kidnap those responsible and make them live in a wardrobe for a while and see how they like it. :angry:
Hugs,
P.

Her is a she named Elizabeth, read the Q&A at the bottom. She appears to have few clues as to what she's doing either.

Q: What kind of fish did you have in this aquarium prior to selling it?
A: Hello, I kept tropical freshwater fish. Thank you, Elizabeth

Sadly this appears on par with the typical eBay live-pet seller. No idea what they have, what they're doing or who buys their pets.

I'm seriously considering bidding on the set up. I only live 10 minutes from Gastonia. It is sad that people keep fish that large in a tank that small. I will assume she has actually taken good care of them though as I doubt she bought them that large. They probably grew from a much smaller size meaning he has been fed and cared for. If you click on her other items, the picture of the RTC looks like he is in good shape.

Most reactions

trending

Back