Thick lipped gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sasha the breen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I need to know the conditions for breeding some thick lipped gouramis, i have a tank on the way (i think) anyways i was wondering if their is anything special i need to do(besides look after them)to breed them and keep their babies alive really!I was wondering if you could give me some help on what to feed the babies and ,if the male will eat them to move them to another aquarium!

I heard that they dont really need alot of water changes to what i have got now but could i have some advice on the food i should feed them, the female is 4-5cm long and the male is about 6-7cm long.Are they sexually mature to have babies?

To breed the thick lipped gourami you will need a tank of at least ten gallons. Lower the water level to 6 inches and raise the temp to 82. Turn off all filtration and remove any airstone. Put something on the top of the water that will float and allow the male to make a bubblenest. After the eggs are layed remove the female or she will be killed by the male. The eggs will hatch in a day or two and when they do remove the male. When mine had baby's i fed them Fry Bites that i bought at my lfs and they were fine. As for sexual maturity im not sure.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back