Thick Lipped Gourami Changes Recently

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pitcairnpete

Reaction score
I posted up about my thick lipped gourami yesterday in the Gourami forum, there was no feedback, so I have posted it here instead now.

Basically

The male seems to show a darkening of the top main fin and they all seem to be showing a faint red at the base of the tail. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Generally seem happy in them selves however but I will do a water change to be sure whilst I wait fora response.

Thanks

pcp

[color="#0000FF"]Yes the best idea if u are not sure and just want to be carful, is to buy a multi cure for white spot,and velvet disease it also cover fungal infections all in one! :) it will tell you recomended to do a 25% water change just before hand then addd your treatment. remove your cabon filter, and just leave ur pump going, also during treatments increase ur oxegon and air filtering :) If you surspect maybe a parisite in you tank slitly increase the temp. 1-1 up.

What sort of fish do you have and howe long for? i have added new fish at start of treatment like a quarentine tank. works well this way, not bringing in any diseases.

I have a male pearl gourami, and during mating time, he become a bit more active of the tank and also, he has a much reder under fin and around his mouth, he is currenlty making a bubble nest at the top of the tank :)
[/color]

I have a 180 L tank. It has plants.

I have 8 danio (assorted - greedy #19###s) (4 cory) (5 blue rainbow) (8 neon tetra - the ubiquitous fish) (3 thick lipped gourami) (1 snowball pleco)

Here is a pic of the fish, just in case

Attachments

• 269472_10150377497758747_514148746_10298172_67112_n.jpg
    269472_10150377497758747_514148746_10298172_67112_n.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 54
he looks pretty ok :) not the best pic, as im looking to wonder, if he has a small amou nt of fin rot? from this pic his tail looks a little short and fraying? but could just be the pic

but other then, id say mating behaviour, just keep watching close and keep and eye on ur PH level, and the behaviour of all fish.

Most reactions

trending

Back