They're here! (now w/ pics)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
Today my box o' fishies showed up. :D The extended green rosetail pair (and for those of you who haven't seen them I'll post the breeder's pics):

e02d1046814647865de3ae84c369ba56.jpg

and my Platinum plakat male:

7da86355bc780b20d94a57e3ec79310c.jpg

I loooove them. Very satisfied. :wub: :nod: The green male is awesome in person, as is the plakat - extremely shiny. :hyper: The green girl is so incredibly tiny, she's SO CUTE.

And theeeeennnn...... this breeder was doing "Betta Santa" for "Fishmas" and sent me THREE other bettas!! :hyper: :) I sent her a wishlist (actually more of a send me whatever you want if you want to list), and she came through. I'm not quite sure what they are going to turn out as, since they're pretty pale. Gorgeous though. I think one of the females goes with my plakat (though she's long-finned and he carries LF), she's got a pale butterfly pattern with yellow and silver. Then I got a pair of yellow? orange? cellophane? (haha) deltas (or maybe even HM!). I thought they were cellophanes when I took them out of the box, but now the female has turned light orange and the male is a pale yellow, so we'll see. :whistle:

Everyone has settled in pretty well. I'm just glad I had enough tanks. :crazy: They've all eaten whiteworms and a few ate pellets. :thumbs: The only one who doesn't seem quite content yet is the mystery-colored male. He's having some swimbladder issues but who knows what kind of treatment they had in the mail.

Sorry so long, I'm just very excited and had to share! I'll get pics in a few days once they're happy and showing their true colors. :rolleyes:

woohoo congratulations!!! Can't wait to see more pics!

That is a very nice rosetail halfmoon betta. Feed them good food and breed them. :) In your rainbow banner, you need to fine a purple betta so you will have a set of rainbow swimmers. :p

WOW!!! Julie they really are amazingly gorgeous!!!! i cant wait until u post pix of the others that u got free!!!!

i love your banner!!

keep us posted and upto date with the pix wont u!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Glad they arrived safely and wahoo with the freebies :D

hope the mystery male recovers from his swim bladder issues :nod:

i almost bought that plakat!!! but then i had to decide "tuition or plakat? tuition or plakat?" (tuition won out obviously). nice fishies. gotta love betty and her freebies :D got myself a nice blue STM that way from her. post pics of the extras once they've settled in and colored back up :)

Thanks everyone! MAM, I'm glad you didn't get him. :p I actually wouldn't have normally (tuition too!) but this time decided to splurge, since for once in a lifetime, I had some extra money. :hyper: yeevia, I only wish I had a purple betta! :fun: (As I'm sure a lot of breeders do!) And I will be breeding the greens. :nod:

Pics yey!! :D They're not very good, but you can get the basic idea. I asked the breeder about the pair and she said they are from marble lines, so that could be fun to see a spawn from. :hyper: Here's the male - still not doing well, but he is somewhat better. He spends most of his time on the bottom so this was the best pic I could get.

cellophane.jpg

His girl. :wub: This pic isn't very good either, but you can see she has some interesting yellow and bluish coloring with a faint bf pattern. She's a doll!

bfgirl.jpg

The extra long-finned gal who was sent along. She's impossible to get good pics of, this was the best one I got. :crazy: She's turning light orange and has a sort of silver thing going on, very neat!

yellowgirl.jpg

Here is the green girl who I adore. Cutie pie!

greengirl.jpg

Mister Gorgeous Platinum. :thumbs: He really is silver, the sheen on him is incredible, and boy has he got an attitude. :flex:

platinum3.jpg

Look, he's yawning!! :lol: :wub:

yawn.jpg

And last but not least, AB FAB himself, the green guy! He's just coloring up wonderfully and I love him already. :wub: Excuse the reflection of the mirror. :rolleyes:

greenhm2.jpg

greenhm.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

He does! I can't even really describe him, he's so cool. He's got a sort of silverish purple sheen everywhere, and when he moves he's incredibly shiny. Loooovin' him. :wub: :hyper: I even think I have a girl to breed him with too... :shifty:

Hi Julie,

Congrats with these nice fish! Really beautifull!

There from Victoria from Bettysplendens isn't it??

Many greetings from the Netherlands,

Joep

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back