They're At It Again!(Pic Heavy)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Congratulations on raising 3 batches of fry. I'd love to see a bubble nest and babies. How do you get them to mate? I've had 2 pairs of paradise fish since last June and not seen so much as a single bubble from my 2 males. The females don't look fat like yours either. What's your secret?

Mine are the so-called black paradise fish, though they are more greyish in colour and one of the females is practically pink. They have very long fins and the males have sort of long ragged streamers flowing from their tails. Pretty to look at but no action.

Congratulations on raising 3 batches of fry. I'd love to see a bubble nest and babies. How do you get them to mate? I've had 2 pairs of paradise fish since last June and not seen so much as a single bubble from my 2 males. The females don't look fat like yours either. What's your secret?

Mine are the so-called black paradise fish, though they are more greyish in colour and one of the females is practically pink. They have very long fins and the males have sort of long ragged streamers flowing from their tails. Pretty to look at but no action.

Can you try and post pictures of both the males and the females? Females tend to be fatter than the males at any time, males are thinner and more streamlined. Also males tend to have larger fins so if you can get them to flare you'll see the difference between males and females. Do you keep both the males together? If so that could be why they aren't breeding. If you keep any other fish with the paradise fish they could be destroying the nest or eating the eggs before you see them. If none of this helps then I would suggest feeding them nothing but frozen bloodworm for a few days, this usually helps if mine show no sign of breeding. The male will chase the female until she is ready to lay her eggs, possibly nipping her fins sometimes and she could retaliate like mine does and flare at him but they do hardly any damage to each other. There's a new nest since the last one disappeared for some reason.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Can you try and post pictures of both the males and the females? Females tend to be fatter than the males at any time, males are thinner and more streamlined. Also males tend to have larger fins so if you can get them to flare you'll see the difference between males and females. Do you keep both the males together? If so that could be why they aren't breeding. If you keep any other fish with the paradise fish they could be destroying the nest or eating the eggs before you see them. If none of this helps then I would suggest feeding them nothing but frozen bloodworm for a few days, this usually helps if mine show no sign of breeding. The male will chase the female until she is ready to lay her eggs, possibly nipping her fins sometimes and she could retaliate like mine does and flare at him but they do hardly any damage to each other. There's a new nest since the last one disappeared for some reason.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!
Thanks for your advice. Yes I do have the 2 males in the same tank, along with 2 females (very obvious differences as my males have very long trailing fins). Never notices any flaring in either sex.They share with a group of assorted cories but these normally stay on the bottom so are unlikely to be destroying bubble nests. I have never seen any signs of nest building. Should I
1. Separate them into 2 pairs in separate tanks
2. Feed hem bloodworm?
Thanks

Cheers,
Paradise<3!
Thanks for your advice. Yes I do have the 2 males in the same tank, along with 2 females (very obvious differences as my males have very long trailing fins). Never notices any flaring in either sex.They share with a group of assorted cories but these normally stay on the bottom so are unlikely to be destroying bubble nests. I have never seen any signs of nest building. Should I
2. Feed hem bloodworm?
Thanks

1. Yes
2. Yes

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Cheers,
Paradise<3!
2. Feed hem bloodworm?
Thanks

1. Yes
2. Yes

Cheers,
Paradise<3!
Separation will have to wair until goldfish move outdoors and I have a spare tank. Startd feeding bloodworm today. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Paradise<3!
2. Feed hem bloodworm?
Thanks

1. Yes
2. Yes

Cheers,
Paradise<3!
Separation will have to wair until goldfish move outdoors and I have a spare tank. Startd feeding bloodworm today. Fingers crossed!

Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for you! It's really cool to see them wrapping but don't be alarmed if they wrap, turn upside down then look dead, they aren't they just seem to do that for some reason.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back