THEY ARE ALL DYING …HELP‼️‼️

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

justqu3

Reaction score
Hey you guys!

So I’ve been raising Guppies for about a year now. My tank has about 45. I breed them for a local pet store to help him out with inventory.

I went and bout some freeze dried blood worms and fed them as a treat. (Because I ran out of actual bloodworms- I give them live treats 1x a week btw)

HOWEVER, literally the next day, I started seeing dead fish at the bottom of my tank. I’ve NEVER seen dead fish in my tank. And that may be because the snails eat them before I can. But this was just TOO MANY. The first thing that came to mind was the frozen dry blood worms had parasites. I immediately took all the fish out of the tank to clean the tank and treat it. While I’m cleaning the tank and rearranging the decor, all of the fish that are in the holder container are practically dead. They are dying by the minute.

What is happening?⁉️⁉️⁉️ I literally raised all these fish from FRY OUT THE WOMB. They are all siblings.

What do I do look at the photos below? Even the snails are dead!!! All of my loaches shrimp and Corey’s are fine

Attachments

• IMG_5791.jpeg
    IMG_5791.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5790.jpeg
    IMG_5790.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 30
I can only guess, your holder container may be contaminated. Did you use it for any purpose other than aquarium's?

Did you test the water?

Sounded like they took the fish straight out and cleaned tank, so water would have been changed.
They were still dying in holding.
Can frozen bloodworms be tainted?
I've had problems feeding dried bloodworms, but never frozen

Well I'm assuming that's old tank water the fish are being held in? And with the amount of dead in there I can't imagine it being any good for the couple that are still alive

This is awful and every fishkeepers worst nightmare. For fish to die like this it's surely got to be a water related issue, like a massive ammonia spike or poisoning of some sort, or a lack of oxygen and they've all suffocated.

How did you feed the food?

Corydoras are very sensitive to water quality so it's puzzling that they're unaffected.

Whole tank photos and your test results would be helpful. Close ups of the dead fish could be or help too

So while op is awol, has anyone ever had problems feeding bloodworms?
Either frozen or dried......

I suspect the issue may be the freeze-dried bloodworms. I have many times advised this is not a good food for anything. Being "freeze-dried" is likely the issue here; such foods when added to the tank are, obviously, very dry. The begin to absorb water and swell up. When fish eat these as soon as they enter the tank water, the dry food enters the fish and swells up there. This is likely the issue.

I stopped feeding freeze-dried foods years ago. There are certainly much more nutritional foods today, it is just not worth the risk for so little. Soaking them in water before feeding is recommended by many and I agree, but the food itself is still not worth it.

As for bloodworms, I stopped feeding these a few years back, and the fish did not seem to mind. I only fed them fresh frozen, and only once a week as a treat, but stopped. Never feed them more than once a week if at all. Bloodworms are not good nutrition, as more than one marine biologist has told me.

Sounded like they took the fish straight out and cleaned tank, so water would have been changed.
They were still dying in holding.
Can frozen bloodworms be tainted?
I've had problems feeding dried bloodworms, but never frozen
The same water that’s in the holding container is the water that was in the tank that way I didn’t do any drastic changes while actually changing/cleaning their aquarium. But they just started dying even in the holding container.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back