TheTenthDoctor's Bird (s)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hey Guys. Just an update, I have some sad news. Kiwi passed on 3 days ago from unknown causes. Coconut is perfectly fine but seems really lonely. She's very active but not cherping as she normally does. I got her a new friend and introduced them today!!!! They are doing well and calmly meeting, I will post some pictures later. Name suggestions are welcome

What symptoms did the bird show before it died?

You shouldn't add new birds straight after another bird has died from an unknown cause because the remaining one could have a disease, which can be passed onto the new bird.

Monitor both birds for loose poop or red or green poop. This can be an internal infection.

If the birds are fluffed up and not moving around much, and or sleeping a lot, this is an indication they are not well.

Keep them warm and dry and out of cold drafts for a few weeks to make sure they are ok.

If either bird looks unwell, take them to a bird vet straight away. Birds can die really quickly and might show symptoms in the morning and be dead in the evening.

What symptoms did the bird show before it died?

You shouldn't add new birds straight after another bird has died from an unknown cause because the remaining one could have a disease, which can be passed onto the new bird.

Monitor both birds for loose poop or red or green poop. This can be an internal infection.

If the birds are fluffed up and not moving around much, and or sleeping a lot, this is an indication they are not well.

Keep them warm and dry and out of cold drafts for a few weeks to make sure they are ok.

If either bird looks unwell, take them to a bird vet straight away. Birds can die really quickly and might show symptoms in the morning and be dead in the evening.
Poops were normal, activity is normal, it was just a sudden death. And Coconut doesn't look unhealthy or sick at all.

Poops were normal, activity is normal, it was just a sudden death. And Coconut doesn't look unhealthy or sick at all.
Was the bird dead in the morning or afternoon?
Did you go out and leave it alone for any time before it died?

Sometimes birds panic and fly into things and hit their heads. Then they get a blood clot in the brain and drop dead a few hours later. If it was dead in the morning, it might have flown into something and injured itself and died during the night.

only one word answers please (washing machine is 2 words)

Was the bird dead in the morning or afternoon?
Did you go out and leave it alone for any time before it died?

Sometimes birds panic and fly into things and hit their heads. Then they get a blood clot in the brain and drop dead a few hours later. If it was dead in the morning, it might have flown into something and injured itself and died during the night.
I left for school and he was fine, and when I came home the poor thing was lying on the bottom of the cage.

Something happened during the day then. Either startled and panic flew into something, or had a heart attack or something like that.

Were the birds in their cage when you left them for school?
Or do they fly around the house when you are out?

Something happened during the day then. Either startled and panic flew into something, or had a heart attack or something like that.

Were the birds in their cage when you left them for school?
Or do they fly around the house when you are out?
They are in their *spacious* cage during school and I let them out after when I get home, and again when I get home for work and sometimes for hours on the weekend. They never fly around when I am not home or when my dad isn't home.

Coconut and the still unnamed new bird this morning before school

Attachments

• 4B204555-8975-437A-ADAE-3CA22EB9FC3A.jpeg
    4B204555-8975-437A-ADAE-3CA22EB9FC3A.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 4ADEBE23-4973-4508-9E3A-17EB3482BB0F.jpeg
    4ADEBE23-4973-4508-9E3A-17EB3482BB0F.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 72DB72F1-29F9-4675-A1E0-CB85864719FE.jpeg
    72DB72F1-29F9-4675-A1E0-CB85864719FE.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 78

Most reactions