FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Is this a good one?
16022080721148675958203633248344.jpg

I prefer this one. I have two, and they work really well.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 10.22.46 PM.png

I use those only to check the accuracy of my cheap digital thermometers. The digitals seem pretty close and are easier to read.

That's the one I use. Kinda though to read, but very reliable.

Its probably not the most accurate but I use the strip that sticks on the outside of the tank glass. I had one like the first one picture and alot of the fish would knock it around and the suction doesn't always stay stuck to the glass.

I found the stick on ones fairly accurate. They work best on a glass tank as opposed to plexi or plastic tanks. I use that as a quick check on my tank but the digital ones I have are more precise.

Thanks, everyone.
Can you do a second check with the digital to compare on several tanks, or do you have a digital one for each?
Does it take a while to register.
Season is changing and I want to know when to put in heaters.
Thanks!

A good digital with a wire probe, just move it from tank to tank. Worth spending a little more so you know it is accurate

I read a decent review that rated stick on thermometers the worst.

Digital in tank were quite reliable with the best being as @itiwhetu recommended there _ the probe goes in the tank.

The glass one were ok with readability issues.

I have a cheapo digital one I've tested with other thermometers in the house (bath) and it's accurate.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SH8PV7M/?tag=

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a digital thermometer with probe on each of my 3 tanks. They register a reading within about 15 seconds. They cost about $4 each on ebay or Amazon. I’ve had no issues with them. The battery lasts about a year and a half and is replaceable.
61MzGom0esL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I have a digital thermometer with probe on each of my 3 tanks. They register a reading within seconds. They cost about $4 each on ebay or Amazon. I’ve had no issues with them. The battery lasts about a year and a half and is replaceable.
Technology is great, that is really cheap. My bread baking thermometer was $400 ( I'm a baker ). I now use it for fish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back