The weird and stupid Youtube fish channels..sick of them.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Anybody who gets off watching their fish tear other fish apart? I scratch them off fast.
Or..I saw one the other day by another who has thousands of followers,some teen name Paul Caffarel or like that. He had a 100 gallon and in it he had a large Arowana, RTC,Oscars,Flowerhorn and a big Cichla. Then he added a small Arapaima. IDIOT! I told him he created a hell hole for fish. He never replied.
OR the morons of Catch em all and Slay em all. Disgusting how they treat fish. Both hosts are narcissists who are in it as an easy way to make money..exploit fish.
The imitators of Rich or Viktor...who have 5,000- 50,000 gallon tanks? I can't stand them with their packed 500 gallons. Pacus who have to push their way around 3' Pangius cats and the like.
Then you have Dustin who is like that kid in Smokin Aces? super white,talking ghetto? He did a video where he and his best friend laughed at how the friend put 8 large Discus in his backyard pond in summer in Wisconsin...then he sold the home, moved and left the fish to die of cold. Claimed "No fish store wanted them"..What store would not take two breeding pairs of orange Discus?..and that guy Dustin wants you to know he cares that little while giving advice on how to keep aquariums?..crazy.
That the short of it. Plenty of good channels,Rachel,Farmer,Green Aqua... I have like 20 at least you won't hear me complain about.
The internet NEEDS a fish vid critic..because some of what these other guys do is pure abuse.

just look at the likes/dislikes before you view them and don't waste your time viewing the bottom of the barrel. I do that. The main one I occasionally watch is "The King of DIY."

Last edited:
You get reco's from YouTube algorithm. Its so wrong what these guys do..animal cruelty really. Lots of sadistic pleasure with laughs at the the animals suffering.

YouTube opens the doors to a lot of sick stuff, I am surprised that groups like Peta have not started a crusade against YouTube for hosting some this this stuff.

I just flicked off a kids show my 4 year old was watching... a dad and his 2 kids doing weird things together... because they were catching snakes and skinning them just because.

Im no vegan or vegetarian, but skinning wild garter snakes just for a fake show for views disturbs me.

Lots of... unfavourable... shows around that slide through the cracks.

That's why I dont watch hunting video, fishing stuff, dead fishes, dead animal, on youtube recom.

Last edited:
You know I even suggested to that Dustin he remove that video he did where him and his friend LAUGH at leaving those great fish to freeze to death. Last I looked,the video is still there..8 large orange striped Discus,that had been two breeding pairs...not given to anybody,not traded to a store,just left to die. ALL the comments were "not cool dude"..along those lines.
I dont think Im being "sensitive" because I know anybody who loves the hobby,animals, has to think that kind of treatment is..wrong.

I agree, some youtubers mistreat animals in horrific ways, just for views. Stan510, you mentioned Paul Cuffaro, and I'm glad you did because the way he keeps fish is just absolutely horrible. He has a 5 gallon tank with 3 female betta fish, a Glodanio, a pleco, and several other things.
Another bad channel is BarbsBuzzin. They buy fish for absolutely no reason at all, then either feed them to fish they already own, or put them into tanks already filled with fish.
Luckily there are a few good Youtube channels that focus on fish, like The King of DIY, Creative Pet Keeping, and FishForThought. I just wish they would get a little more publicity. :(

Anybody who gets off watching their fish tear other fish apart? I scratch them off fast.
Or..I saw one the other day by another who has thousands of followers,some teen name Paul Caffarel or like that. He had a 100 gallon and in it he had a large Arowana, RTC,Oscars,Flowerhorn and a big Cichla. Then he added a small Arapaima. IDIOT! I told him he created a hell hole for fish. He never replied.
OR the morons of Catch em all and Slay em all. Disgusting how they treat fish. Both hosts are narcissists who are in it as an easy way to make money..exploit fish.
The imitators of Rich or Viktor...who have 5,000- 50,000 gallon tanks? I can't stand them with their packed 500 gallons. Pacus who have to push their way around 3' Pangius cats and the like.
Then you have Dustin who is like that kid in Smokin Aces? super white,talking ghetto? He did a video where he and his best friend laughed at how the friend put 8 large Discus in his backyard pond in summer in Wisconsin...then he sold the home, moved and left the fish to die of cold. Claimed "No fish store wanted them"..What store would not take two breeding pairs of orange Discus?..and that guy Dustin wants you to know he cares that little while giving advice on how to keep aquariums?..crazy.
That the short of it. Plenty of good channels,Rachel,Farmer,Green Aqua... I have like 20 at least you won't hear me complain about.
The internet NEEDS a fish vid critic..because some of what these other guys do is pure abuse.

Hi,

Please list the good channels, I'd like to know!

Just saw this and wanted to share it! HUGE Koi!

Rachel,Rio Watanabe (very young guy with old wise fishkeeper talents)LRB aquatics,George Farmer,Corvis Oscen,Tropictank,YoungPlants (in asian) Masha Bloom (in russian) Bentley Pasco,Sam Whiskey,Andy Woods(in cockney) and Guapote Mel for big beautifully kept cichlids, H2o plants (sells plants too) Jacobs plants, and again,Green Aqua.
Those are among the best.
I don't follow Reef or specialty fish like Brackish,Native,Koi,Goldfish, Etc,etc,etc,lol.

Co op is good. But they do so many more hour or more talk vids with no photos nowadays...just too boring for me. I like 10-20 minute vids and SHOW ME what your talking about.
Something about them almost being TOO successful. He bought a 16 grand 800 custom tank and I think he admitted,he doesn't have the time for some fantastic aquascape and many different fish,so he just has Goldfish in it! It's a really big and expensive Goldfish bowl.

Rachel,Rio Watanabe (very young guy with old wise fishkeeper talents)LRB aquatics,George Farmer,Corvis Oscen,Tropictank,YoungPlants (in asian) Masha Bloom (in russian) Bentley Pasco,Sam Whiskey,Andy Woods(in cockney) and Guapote Mel for big beautifully kept cichlids, H2o plants (sells plants too) Jacobs plants, and again,Green Aqua.
Those are among the best.
I don't follow Reef or specialty fish like Brackish,Native,Koi,Goldfish, Etc,etc,etc,lol.

Thank you for these suggestions.

Rachel O'Leary and Corvus Oscen are my favourites. Dustin is pretty knowledgable about plants but hes too "hip" for my tastes, and Joey thinks hes a superstar now. I don't watch him anymore.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back