FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

B.D.S

Reaction score
but firstly a 21 litre betta low tech planted tank
100_0538.jpg

a teaser shot!
100_0539.jpg

and the bad boy itself! it's set up as a Tanganyikan community with a pair of J.Transcriptus, 1 A.Calvus, 4 occelatus "gold", 4 congo tetras and finally 2 big #### zebra danios. and before anyone asks it was all transferred from a 150 litre mature set up so yes it's cycled :good:
100_0542.jpg

I'll post more pics tomorrow night, the evening sunlight hits the tank side on and looks fantastic.

oh what a beautiful sight :good:
lucky you i could only get the BT mango in black :( as a replcement for my orange one that broke, lol) you have a fantstice veiw there, all my tanks are behind me when im on here so im very envious :)

shelagh xxxx

oh i just realised i have the hex tank exactly the same, but with no light and no fish ( cos of no light)- no i AM jelous,as that looks very smart

The shonky wiring in the AA's is very annoying, I've had three of the suckers blow a light or filter on me. Your best bet is to pull it all out and DIY. I just take advantage of the cheap glass tanks - the 6 gal betta tanks were going for $30 at my Big W a couple weeks back.

Nice looking tank, look forward to more photos :)

Thanks for all your kind words guys, I've been keeping fish 20 or so years now and it still makes me proud when people compliment my tanks :blush:
Vince the Betta's tank's been running about 18 months with no wiring issues yet but i'll be ready if it does now, thanks Laurafrog

Thought i'd share a picture i just managed to get of Mr Julie (i'll just add that the wife names the fish!) protecting eggs which i couldn't quite get in the frame, I think they were laid last night and the tanks only been set up 10 days!
100_0548.jpg

and the phone ain't too shabby either Shelagh but you should see it just after my wife's dyed her hair pink and then spent 2 hours with it pressed to her ear.......Pretty phone :D

:drool: Sorry, they're both beautiful but for me the betta tank takes the cake!

The shonky wiring in the AA's is very annoying, I've had three of the suckers blow a light or filter on me. Your best bet is to pull it all out and DIY. I just take advantage of the cheap glass tanks - the 6 gal betta tanks were going for $30 at my Big W a couple weeks back.

I've had this happen too, I bought an AA 3 gal for a betta and the light blew after a few months, then the filter a while later. Shame, cause it's a good looking setup.

Thanks for all your kind words guys, I've been keeping fish 20 or so years now and it still makes me proud when people compliment my tanks :blush:
Vince the Betta's tank's been running about 18 months with no wiring issues yet but i'll be ready if it does now, thanks Laurafrog

Thought i'd share a picture i just managed to get of Mr Julie (i'll just add that the wife names the fish!) protecting eggs which i couldn't quite get in the frame, I think they were laid last night and the tanks only been set up 10 days!

and the phone ain't too shabby either Shelagh but you should see it just after my wife's dyed her hair pink and then spent 2 hours with it pressed to her ear.......Pretty phone :D

lol well what else would she do while dying her hair? im afriad its true we are all the same !! :hyper:

i have been totally inspired by your betta tank, and im off to get some sand after i collect the children, -so thanks for that :good:

shelagh xxxx

Most reactions

Back