The Tea Lovers Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I much prefer herbal teas - my favourite is currently rooibos & honey from twinnings. Really starting to live that stuff!

I prefer loose leaf tea. It's the thought of drinking all those microplastics that put me off tea bags. Though they are talking about bringing back bags made from natural fibres. Until then I'll stick with loose leaf.
The problem is that there aren't many 'ordinary' loose leaf teas available in supermarkets. We used to drink Yorkshire Tea until the price rocketed, so we tried several supermarket own brand teas and preferred Sainsbury's to all the others. So that's what we now drink, Sainsbury Red Label loose leaf tea.

We have three teapots - 1 mug, 2 mug and 4 mug sizes depending on how much we are making. We do use mugs rather than teacups, though years ago when my in-laws visited I had to get a couple of china cups and saucers out of the cupboard for them to use :rolleyes:

Plain or’ Lipton for me, generally.
But on chilly afternoons like today, I like Tazo herbal teas, usually the fruity ones.

Does this count as tea? :rofl: 300mg of caffeine. Now we're talking ;)

You teach kindergarten? Dang, I don’t like little kids. Taught high school for 13 years in California. Loved it!
I teach K-5 music, so I get to see 'em all. I'm a lot better with the older kids, but the kinders are a hoot. Never a dull moment!

I used to love tea with one sugar but since being diagnosed diabetic type 2 have had to stop having sugar in my cuppa tea.

Don’t miss chocolate and white bread that much, but the sugar in my tea, yep I sure do miss that!

Oh, to answer your question, not a big fan of earl grey tbh, Rooibos is quite nice but I tend to go for the standard tea bags, whichever is on offer at shops but I find I like green tea with a drop of lemon.

But since moving to hard water area that the hard water definitely affects the tea flavour.

Soft water is much better for flavoursome tea imho.

Ooh, hang on, I have a RO system now……can I use RO pure water for making tea with I wonder?

Splenda tastes OK in tea. Better than aspartame based sweeteners. Aldi sucralose sweetener may be a lot cheaper but it tastes powdery and it's not as sweet so you have to use more of it. (Diet controlled type 2 diabetes for 21 years and not allowed to use sugar either)

Ever since my late mother kept murdering the tea....made it so strong your tongue went numb and spoons stood to attention in the cup...I have absolutely hated tea

However...

I have become a fan of the fruity/herbally teas....Twinings Spiced Apple & Cinnamon being the favourite :)

We had a sample of Tetley cold infusions through the door a few weeks ago. Neither my husband nor I like things like this but our older son loved it. So much that he's bought a pack of each of the 4 flavours. He wasn't keen on the mint, lemon and cucumber flavour with tap water but he says it's fine with Brita filtered water.

I know they aren't tea but they're made by a tea manufacturer.

I am not a tea drinker, but every few months my wife and I get together and visit our former neighbors, who are an elderly couple from India. They serve THE BEST homemade and fresh brewed traditional chai tea that I have ever had! If I could get fresh brewed chai with milk and sugar every day, I would probably be able to give up my daily 4 shot espresso fix.

As a British man i believe we have authority on this matter and the only tea worth while is a Yorkshire tea , maybe a PG if you double up the brew bag

Do you get Yorkshire Tea over in the US? it’s the best there is in the UK!

I’m from Yorkshire not too far from Harrogate where Yorkshire Tea Originated

I can get Yorkshire off Amazon, not in the store. Someone told me that there are two types, two color boxes, I think? And the kind we can get here is the inferior type. I liked it, though; it's one of the better tea bags I've had. We get PG tips too, and it's good, but really expensive. I'd rather order good loose tea. It's cheaper than PG tips and I think it tastes better.

Most reactions

trending

Back