The Storm Is Over

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bronzecat

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
Hi all

Well, Storm is our copper HM female. She has been ill for about 5/6 weeks now. She has had two cases of gill fungus and dropsy. She has been treated with meds over that period of time but developed the initial signs of dropsy "again" yesterday morning :no:

This morning she was worse, pine coning, bloated and lurking at the bottom of her sick tank. So, i had to think? Do i keep treating? Is it fair to keep treating? Bearing in mind she has received 3 or 4 different meds over the past 6 weeks?

So i decided to let her go, if you know what i mean :( Its never nice, but i think sometimes its fairer for the fish. We really dont know how she survived this long?

A proper little fighter :nod:

So sad to lose our little girl and she really did battle to stay with us :-( :-( She lived up to her name though even though she always seemed to come worse off!!!! But as Bronzecat said we'd spent weeks treating her but she never really recovered properly from the first bout of dropsey and fugus and we didn't want her to keep suffering :-( .

:rip: little Storm

Oh bless. Must have been so hard to put her out of her misery but well done for being so brave and at least you know you have done the best you could for her. :(

Im sorry, sometimes they just have somethign that you cant fix, and yes I agree it was far kinder to not make her keep suffering.

Its never nice, but im sure you done the right thing.

defo the right thing to have done, shame but needs must she couldnt suffer any more

Thanks guys :good: It does leave you feeling that maybe this time she would of recovered.....but being sensible the poor little love had suffered enough :sad:

sorry to hear about poor Storm, guys. I know you will have done the best by her, at least she is no longer suffering. she will be in betta heaven - a tank filled with bloodworm and other tasty treats!

Thanks Azulfire & Tibby.....it'll certainly be a 100% improvement on what she was or rather wasn't eating :good:

This is her when she was fit and healthy :wub:

0803060052.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back