The Start Orf A New Begining!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well all is well and five are still alive this morning!! I am thinking of waiting a week or so before returning to the lfs to procure the extra fish they said they would replace by then I should have everything up and running with regards to the extra tank! Quarantine that is!!

Wow, that's great that the last 5 seem to be looking like they might make it Tuppers! Great!

And I agree with rabbut, 2 small feedings should be just what cardinals like. With neons/cardinals I find that grinding some of the flake food between thumb and finger as I plunge fingers beneath the water surface gives them a nice cloud of falling bits. Surface feeding not being their favorite, they like this better when it comes down to them.

~~waterdrop~~

Thanks WD I have noticed that they are lazy buggers!! Will try that trick!!

Hi guys well all is well with the ones that have survived and they seem to be doing really really well!!

I popped to the lfs who asked me to supply a water sample to show that the PH was at 7.0 before replacing any of the fish I lost, well mine is still 7.4 and I am reluctant to lower it at this stage can anyone suggest what I should do?

buy a box of peat pellets from lfs - add to filter monitor over a week or so and bingo
remove when ph levels out where u want it (ph will increase with water changes)
a slow raising of ph shouldnt harm your fish as they'l have time to aclimatise (water changes over a few weeks)

regards

ps this method has worked well for me in the past

Hi guys well I have had the new additions in for 3 days now no blips (crossed fingers!! :good: )

They are all doing really well. Had a blip of ammonia and Nitrite but that sorted its self out in 18 hours or so without a water change as I had to go to work that night!

Was thinking about adding 4 more black neons and then calling it quits for the size of my tank for now!

I have a question about shrimp. How much waste do they produce as I have been reading that this is negligable and they dont really count towards the total inch calc for max tank stocking? is this correct ????

Whats the best way to introduce the shrimp to the tank? Just like fish as in floating the bag then adding small amounts of water over a period of time?

empty them into a bucket then use airline with a clamp and siphon water into the bucket at a rate of 2 drops a second until the bucket is full, then empty to half way and repeat then add to the tank

Don’t have a clamp but I will see what I can conjure up!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back